Here are a few more pics. Hayden is still in the hospital, but Melanie was able to go home today. He is doing a lot better. He is no longer on the CPAP machine but has been moved up to a just an oxygen tube that runs into his nose. This is progress. He has also started feeding. The doctors shove a tube that goes through his mouth into his stomach, and then they have a device that gradually squeezes breast milk from a syringe through this tube.
Because Hayden isn't on the CPAP anymore, we can hold him. I finally got to hold him today, and Melanie has held him a couple of times. He's still got a lot of progress to make, as the hospital won't release him until he can feed. He's slowly getting there. It likely won't be until after Christmas, but we just want him to keep progressing and it sounds like he is slowly getting there.
I don't see any pictures...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Melanie, Travis, Grant and Blake! And of course, Welcome Hayden! I'm so happy to hear about his safe arrival, and that he continues to improve each day. He couldn't be any cuter!
ReplyDeleteAmy
You guys weren't supposed to comment so fast. And blogspot wasn't supposed to put this posting on the blog. And the new posting with pictures was supposed to be an edit and not a new post.
ReplyDeleteNow I can't delete this posting because it has comments and I can't delete the new posting because it has pictures.
Aye Eye Aii! What a predicament!