12.31.2006

The case of the missing Percocet


Since the Tylenol with codiene wasn't helping me much while I was in the hospital, the dr switched me to Percocet and and gave me a prescription for it when I was discharged. I happily took the pills for the first few days I was home. Then on Christmas Eve at about 10:30pm, I brought them downstairs because I couldn't get the lid off. Travis opened them, I took one and put them on the stairs to take up with me when I went to bed. We were busy getting ready for Christmas and cleaning up so that Santa could come. When we finally headed to bed at 1am, I picked up the few things on the stairs and realized the Percocet wasn't there!

We spent the next 45 min searching high and low for the missing medicine. We were most worried that I had left them someplace where the kids would find them. We took apart the couches, checked the pockets of Trav's suit coat that was also on the stairs, and searched everywhere we could think of. Finally at 2am, we gave up and went to bed. We've kept an eye out for it all week and could never find it. Until this morning...

Travis was getting ready for church and got his shoes from the closet. Inside the toe of one shoe was the missing Percocet! The shoes had been on the stairs too and my guess is the pills rolled off one step and into the shoes below without us ever noticing. Thankfully the kids didn't play in our closet this week and we're happy to say the Percocet is now put away in its proper place!!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. That's awesome. Congratulations on finding it finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to find things especially when you don't need them anymore! At least they were found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this would happen only to your guys

    ReplyDelete