12.24.2006

Coming Home

IGrant's Welcome home sign
A Grant sized gingerbread baby
Trav's sign the kids helped to decorate
Awesome arrangement! Thank you so much!


Things have been hectic and exhausting since I got home on Friday. The hospital let me stay as long as I wanted, so we left around 8:30pm. After spending about $80 on prescriptions, vitamins at Rite-Aid, I came home to this cute sign on the door. Travis had put the kids to bed and a friend stayed at the house while he picked me up. It was nice to come home to such a clean and quiet home. Plus I had some really great surprises too! Grant had brought home some really cute crafts from his last day of preschool. Plus there was a beautiful flower arrangement from Trav's work and the awesome fruit arrangement from Brian and Krista!! Thanks so much!

Our ward has been great and we have meals coming until next Friday at least. Our hometeacher even dropped off a gift certificate for a local pizza place. We're still getting phonecalls from shocked people congratulating us. I spent yesterday morning visiting Hayden while Travis watched the kids. Then in the afternoon I pumped and tried to rest while Travis ran around getting groceries, diapers, and a few other things. We had a nice dinner with the kids (who were on their best behavior and very cute) and then cleaned up so the house would be nice for Christmas. I visited Hayden last night for his 8pm feeding and then Travis took a turn at his 11pm feeding. Hayden also had a few visitors from the ward last night.

I'm pretty tired and emotional. As anyone who's called here knows, I either don't answer the phone or can be anywhere from rude to happy depending on when you call. haha It's been hard to juggle everything and try to remember that it's Christmas too, but hopefully today will be better. Hayden is doing really well. He's under bili lights since his jaundice is getting worse, but off of oxygen and breathing support. Now he's working on eating. He downed his 20 cc bottle like a champ for Trav last night and I don't think I'll be able to pump enough to keep up with him at this point.

Today Travis is taking the kids to church while I go to be with Hayden at the hospital. We'll all be home from around 12:30-4pm and then head over to the Van Camps for Christmas Eve dinner. After that, we'll have the kids open pj's and put them to bed. Then we'll take turns going to the hospital again. On Christmas we'll stay home in the morning and then drop the kids off at my visiting teacher's so we can both be with Hayden in the afternoon on Christmas. Of course this all depends on how Hayden's doing and if he starts breastfeeding today or tomorrow. So that's the update! More pics to come. Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Tell Hayden congratulations on getting off the oxygen!! Merry Christmas, you guys, and we are rooting for the little guy to make it home as soon as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love you trav and mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Travis and Melanie. We are keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Welcome Mom sign by Grant. What a smartie pants!

    ReplyDelete