Ahhh, I love this age. We're past the misery of the first year and into the hayday of baby-dom. You know, when they sleep through the night, still take two naps during the day, feed themselves, and start really interacting with you. It's the best.
Sleep through the night: Since his last bout with illness, Hayden has actually been really well. He's what I'm guessing is his normal self (it's been awhile since we've seen it!). We put him through baby bootcamp two weeks ago and re-trained him to sleep through the night. It has been awesome! He's only woken up an average of one night per week, down from two to three times every night.
Two naps during the day: Need I say more? It's great. Did I mention I love this age? When he's not sleeping, Hayden is pretty independent and loves to play all over the main floor. He makes a beeline for the bottle cupboard at least three times a day, or generally right after you've cleaned up the 18 bottles he threw around the kitchen floor. He loves his toys and scrounging for too-small toys the older boys have left out like quarters and letter magnets. He puts these inside the bottles from the bottle cupboard. Speaking of bottles, he's on whole milk now and doing really well. He hasn't figured out sippy cups, but doesn't seem too attached to bottles as security objects so, whatever.
Feed themselves: About two weeks ago, I decided I was SO tired is wasting my day waiting for Hayden to take another bite. He is the slowest eater ever! So I dumped his mac-n-cheese on the high chair and walked away. Hayden loves feeding himself and apparently didn't need me to waste my day trying to spoon-feed him all the time. His favorite foods are oatmeal, spaghetti, spinach, and now meatballs.
Interacting with Mom!! I love all the new tricks Hayden has. He plays patty-cake and peekaboo, says Mom, Dad, hi, peekaboo, and a few other words. He lights up when you come into a room and grabs on tight when you pick him up. He dances, crawls, and is now pulling to standing once a day or so. Yesterday he climbed into our kid-sized rocking chair and rocked out for about thirty minutes. He still sucks his thumb at bedtime and loves any crocheted blanket. He's adorable, a pill from 4-6, but goes to bed at 6:30!! Best. Baby-almost-toddler. Ever.
The high chair picture is adorable. I sure miss that Haydie baby!
ReplyDeletecute kid.....we miss em all. it's unbelievable that he goes to bed so good.
ReplyDelete