Oh Blake, he's so crazy. He's generally really happy and quite easy to get along with. School is going great with him. He loves riding the bus and being the star of his class. The teacher's only complaint is his endless whining when he gets hurt. Nothing can calm an injured Blake and he whines and cries until a time-out (or marble-loss) is threatened. Then he can turn it off like a bad song on the radio.
Blake's latest thing is dressing in red. He has one pair of red track pants. He thinks they are awesome and wants to wear them ALL the time. This isn't so bad in itself, but it becomes difficult when he demands to wear a red shirt with them. Yesterday I bribed him with a marble to wear a gray shirt with red IN it, but today he again demanded a red shirt. So he's wearing two shades of red and I don't care. He's home sick with an upset stomach and pinkeye. The outfit kind of matches his eyes.
I'm surprised Blake's so into the red pants since he is boycotting pants in general. I'm constantly chasing him down and coercing, begging, and nagging him to put his pants back on. He is a super helper though and loves to do anything for a marble. Yesterday he set the table, cleaned all the toys in the kitchen and living room, and cleaned the basement for a total of four marbles. And what do these reward marbles even get him? Nothing. He will earn a marble for marbles sake.
We've also been training the kids to eat cereal in the morning. Now that I make our own bread, I hate to go through it so quickly with peanut butter sandwiches every morning. So I stocked up on Target brand sugar cereal and seriously, we had to bargain with our children to eat it. So now we go through milk more quickly, so I'm not sure I'm saving anything, but it's a faster breakfast at least. Blake loves it all and even eats the non-marshmallow parts of fake Lucky Charms cereal. What a guy!
"No, NO. I don't wanna put my PAAANTS ONNN!!"
ReplyDeleteHahaha.
I like this picture....such a cute smile.
ReplyDelete