3.29.2008

Home Improvements

Again, in need of advice and affirmation, here is what I've been up to today.

New shades for the chandelier: from blue to the new red. Should I paint the chandelier black or keep it white? Now I really want a true opinion on this one. I could go either way.

I finished my curtain!! We will now have privacy for the first time since last June when I threw out the crappy mini-blinds

Here's another one I want a real opinion on: Are the iron scrolly things too big in this little set-up? They might dwarf the picture. What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Well, I love how good you take care of your house. I guess the chandelier could be black so it could pop from the room and also it would match with the black chine hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say black for the chandelier.

    I like the iron scolly things. But something is off...it seems like too much of something for that space...

    I think it's because there are 2 pictures and 2 scolls...there's a decorating "rule" that says odd numbers of things look more visually pleasing...maybe that's what's off.

    Sorry, long winded today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black chandelier is my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black chandelier is my vote too.

    The other pictures look great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. definately black on the chandelier. The other stuff I have no idea. I love the choice on the color of the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Mostly I was being lazy and didn't want to take it down to paint it. It will look better black though. Thanks for the input. I'll also try Denise's idea for the scroll things. Maybe move the pictures over and just have one scroll?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that would look cool. The pictures moved and one scroll. Good idea. I also say black for the chandelier, but you knew that already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:29 PM

    I vote black too! Love the color of paint on the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say white...hehehe. I like the pictures/scrolly things combo...but I think maybe there are just too many things in the area to look at. Maybe move the candles? I don't know. I have no sense of decorating...don't listen to me. I loooove your curtain! Did you just sew a strip of rings on the back and put the string to pull it tight with? I need something like that for my front windows, they are kind of awkward to put curtains on. I know! I'll take pictures and have everyone give me some ideas, I have no clue what to do with that whole area. Everything looks so cute Melanie! And I love Blake's "pockets"...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete