4.17.2008
Was it worth it?
Yes! The last two weeks of painting from top to bottom, moving furniture, carpet installation, and touching up have totally been worth it! I really love our basement now. It's safe for the kids and beautiful! You can even catch me hanging out down there. I've had fun putting it together and can't wait to keep going with filling the blank walls, new throw pillows and filling up the bookcases. So I guess I'm saying that the Hobbs basement is open for business. You should come over and check it out!
Blake enjoys the couch in the basement, it used to be in the living room. Now we have the chair from our bedroom in the living room and the basement has a real couch!
So here's the tour: You see the bookcase freshly painted with what?? More than three shelves??? I guess we need to buy more books to fill them! So I am in love with this bookcase. I color-coded the books and had fun hunting around the house finding treasures to stow with the books. I still need a few more interesting things, but my favorite is the silver candlestick collection! That was a stroke of genius! haha Notice me cute new "Hobbs" sign that coordinates with my new paper topiary!!
Okay, so who didn't even know we had a fireplace in the basement? Me!! I forgot it was there. And now I love it almost as much as the bookcase...and the cool toy bins...and the entertainment center.... I think I'll put a mirror in the window frame. Cool huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, I love every single bit of it! Love the bookcase; love the fireplace; love the entertainment center, LOVE the rug, and the couch! It is SUCH a huge improvement! The paint and new carpet look awesome too! Wow, it's not just a crappy dungeon anymore! I'm so impressed, Mel! Who was your Design Master, by the way?
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha.
WOW I had no idea your basement was that big! I love it!!
ReplyDeleteWOW that is great. I LOVE the colors in the rug. And everything else looks awesome too. Now you will never want to move out of the ghetto.
ReplyDeleteLove LOVE LOVE the rug! Everything looks great, but always looks nicer in person! Can't wait for craft night to check it out!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful. Melanie you have a great taste.
ReplyDeleteYour basement looks awesome! don't you just love having a new space. Makes your house almost feel new again. I have a window pane mirror that came with our house, but I don't have anywhere for it if you want it, its yours. It's white with a mirror.
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful. Do you do others houses. =)
ReplyDeleteYour basement matches your blog! You are so color coordinated, Melanie!
ReplyDeleteThe basement looks great! I can't wait to see it this Thurs.
ReplyDeleteMelanie, I'm so glad we can see the end product. It does look amazingly clean and fancy especially for a toy room. I love the rug too. Where did you find it?
ReplyDelete