4.11.2008

Catching up with the Hobbs

We haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd write a little bit about what's the goings-on at the Hobbs.

1) Carpet installation -- Our new carpet is finally in. We've been staying up late every night this week painting the basement and preparing for the arrival. Five hours of sleep a night does nothing for me. I'm a zombie at work, but the end result is going to be oh-so-worth-it. Here are a few pics:








We piled everything into the bathrooms to clear the way for the new carpet.








Before -- Look at that nasty carpet. It's ugly, the padding is terrible, and in the boy's bedroom on the left, you'll notice a nasty-huge red Crystal Light stain.









Installation pictures. I like the one where they roll out the new carpet on the street to cut it. Funny! Also, note the contrast between the new and old carpet...






After pictures, the master bedroom looks great, we just need to install a bit of quarter-round in that upper-right corner (the previous owner had an ugly built-in desk there that we removed.) The basement paint job looks great, doesn't it?






2) Basketball -- The NCAA finals ended on Monday with Kansas shockingly finding a way to win down-by-ten with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Unbelievably one of the best games I've seen, and I was rooting for Memphis! With the Jayhawk's win, our annual Hobbs Final Four tournament winner is .......... Pfunder!?!?! His first-ever appearance in the pool and he kicks our collective trash by not only picking Kansas, but also picking Davidson to win as many games as they did. How did I fare? Well, not only did I lose to Melanie, again.... but I also lost to Hayden, who just for fun, we had pick all the favorites. I'm glad I'm not a gambling man because I never win these things. On another basketball note, did you know that America's team (that's right everyone, the mighty Utah Jazz) have secured the fourth seed in the playoffs and actually have a legitimate shot this year? I have a gut feeling that they're going to go all the way too.



3) Grant's imaginary friend -- So, Grant's favorite TV show is called "Max and Ruby". It's basically a book-series-turned-cartoon about a little bunny and his older sister. Lately, he's been pretending that Max lives with us. He either sleeps in the #3 cupboard downstairs (wherever that is) or in his bunk-bed with him. It's pretty cute. Lately, I've been using his imaginary friend against him with awesome results. A typical encounter goes like this -

Grant: I don't WANT to GO to SCHOOOOOOOL!
Me: Grant, it's Max's first day at school. You should show him where to go.
Grant: OK, he can go in my pocket.
Me: We should help Max put his shoes on so that he's ready for school.
Grant: Yes, I will help... (Grant then proceeds to do whatever I want him to do.)

All I can say is soooo awesome!





4) Melanie has a classic Home Depot story, but it's long so it'll have to wait for another post. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh! The old carpet pics are SO embarrassing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:16 AM

    LOVE the carpet. It is so nice to get new stuff. Makes your house feel new again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so nice. I can't wait to see the finished pictures. Grant's story about Max is so cute. Thanks for all of these nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Home Depot story. Post! Post! Post! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the carpet! I also love the paint job downstairs!! It looks soooo awesome!!

    Also - the Max and Ruby thing cracks me up. So hilarious.

    ReplyDelete