4.02.2008

First Craft Group Meeting

Tonight's meeting was awesome!! I had a great time making my fabric collage and seeing everyone's great projects. They all turned out so cute. It was great to go and finish it in one night. I'm excited to already have it hanging in my bathroom! Andrea's super-helpful husband, Rob, is also making me two smaller canvases so I can turn my ducky into a little collection.

I'm in charge next month and we'll be making these scrapbook paper trees. They only take four sheets of 12 x 12 paper for the big one. They have a tutorial here, and you can link over to a gallery of tons of trees. Here's a few of my favorites:


Love the crinkley stuff at the bottom of this one! And I think the looped paper
looks great on this round form.

Here's a different take on the whole thing. Love the ribbon around the bottom.


I think the coordinating tree/picture combo is adorable. Would be cute in a girls room with her name in the frame.

More traditional look.


I would totally make this one!


I love this one too!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait! Your finished duck looks great. I like the ric-rac around the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE duck. And I love the topiary trees! They're super cute. I'll have to figure out where I can put one in Emily Jeanette's room..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love, the trees. I think I'm going to have to mention these for our crafty enrichment night. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:23 PM

    Okay those are so cute. NEVER seen those before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad I can't come, I would love just to learn how to make a tree! :)
    I have so much unused scrapbook paper, it is nice that you found a use for them!

    ReplyDelete