Grant and Blake had so much fun listening for the five things they could do: Pick up their toys, make their bed, help with the dishes, say thank-you and I love you. It was adorable. Grant wrote out his five things and Blake drew pictures of them. They were just giggling away as they heard Elder Ballard and talked about each thing. Then of course, we made them do all five things. They ran to the basement to pick up their toys and then up to their rooms to make their beds. I reminded them that it made Jesus happy when we listened to the Prophet. Blake said "we're making Jesus really really happy!" I have to say, it was the cutest thing I ever saw. They could not get enough of their lists. So thank you, Elder Ballard, for the best family night ever!!
4.07.2008
Best. Family Night. Ever
Of course I really loved Elder Ballard's talk from this weekend's General Conference. The boys are still kind of young to get anything meaningful from the broadcast, but I thought we could focus on Elder Ballard's assignments to young children for family night tonight. I pulled out a lesson on the prophets (thank you Sarah Snow!) and we began by naming all the prophets. Travis quickly drew a smiley face that looks just like President Monson for #16. We sang the "Follow The Prophet" and "The Latter-Day Prophets", adding in President Monson. Then we turned on the talk where Elder Ballard talked to the kids. We told them to listen really hard and find out what our leaders want us to do.
Grant and Blake had so much fun listening for the five things they could do: Pick up their toys, make their bed, help with the dishes, say thank-you and I love you. It was adorable. Grant wrote out his five things and Blake drew pictures of them. They were just giggling away as they heard Elder Ballard and talked about each thing. Then of course, we made them do all five things. They ran to the basement to pick up their toys and then up to their rooms to make their beds. I reminded them that it made Jesus happy when we listened to the Prophet. Blake said "we're making Jesus really really happy!" I have to say, it was the cutest thing I ever saw. They could not get enough of their lists. So thank you, Elder Ballard, for the best family night ever!!
Super Blake writes the numbers and draws pictures to match including pots and pans for the cleaning the dishes assignment!
Here's Blake's picture of himself saying thank you. Maybe #6 should have been: Wear your pants!!
Grant says: #1 is for Grant, #2 is for Blake, #3 is for Max, and #4 is for Morris (Max & Morris are from Grant's favorite show, Max and Ruby. They live with us and sleep in Grant's bunk bed with him).
Here is a picture of Max.
Grant and Blake had so much fun listening for the five things they could do: Pick up their toys, make their bed, help with the dishes, say thank-you and I love you. It was adorable. Grant wrote out his five things and Blake drew pictures of them. They were just giggling away as they heard Elder Ballard and talked about each thing. Then of course, we made them do all five things. They ran to the basement to pick up their toys and then up to their rooms to make their beds. I reminded them that it made Jesus happy when we listened to the Prophet. Blake said "we're making Jesus really really happy!" I have to say, it was the cutest thing I ever saw. They could not get enough of their lists. So thank you, Elder Ballard, for the best family night ever!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW Grant writes very well! I am impressed! Great family night too. I am going to steal your idea!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea. Love it. And even better that the kids took a huge part in it. Somtimes I feel that our FHE are spent wrestling the kids and trying to keep everyone quiet. Glad to see that your kids were involved. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThat is so freakin' cute! Grant's such a good writer, too! I loved your idea. Since we missed the last session of conference, we watched that for FHE tonight. It was good!
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome. : )
ReplyDeleteSuper cuteness! I tried to tell Ethan to listen as Elder Ballard was speaking but I think he totally ignored me. Imagine that.