4.23.2008

I Was a Dentist All-Star Today!

Mom forgot her camera. She was sad she couldn't take pictures of me in the chair being such a good boy. So she took a picture with me and my prizes when we got home. I carried my toothbrush with me all night! And see, I got two prizes for trying so hard with the x-rays!!


Here's how I open my mouth really wide for the dentist!


Last time I visited the Dentist, I wasn't a big fan. The lady poked my teeth and I let her polish one tooth. By the time she pulled the floss out, I was done! The dentist even had a hard time getting me to open my mouth for him. But that was six months ago and I've gotten a lot older.

Yesterday, Mom started talking about going to the dentist again. I was cool with it. Then, Ms. Stern read a book about visiting the Dentist today and even helped me make a chart about what he would do. By the time Mom picked me up from school I was excited! I got to go first and jumped right into the cool chair. Ms. Lynn tried sticking this weird-tasting thing in my mouth to take pictures of my teeth. We tried this for awhile, until Ms. Lynn said I did a great job and we'd try again next time.

Then came the fun part. I got my teeth cleaned, counted, polished, and flossed. And I didn't even care! I followed all the directions and do you know what Ms. Lynn told me? I have two loose teeth! That means they will fall out (that kind of freaks me out!) and then the tooth fairy brings me a prize! My teeth are awesome: No holes! It was the best visit ever. I was happy and had fun. I really liked the water sprayer and air sucker things in my mouth after the flouride treatment.

Then it was Blake's turn. I got to press the button to give Blake a ride on the chair! I helped count his teeth and held a mirror for him when he got scared of the polisher. I can't wait to go back to see the Dentist!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am sooooo proud of you for doing such a good job at the Dentist's visit today. What a big helper you were for Blake helping him be brave for the Dentist. Grandma is sending you a new toothbrush and toothpaste too! We are excited that the tooth fairy will be able to visit you pretty soon and leave a prize under your pillow when you lose a tooth! We love you, Grandma and Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it went well! He told everyone that he was going to the dentist (well, maybe I made him) and Mrs. Cassarino had just been so they bonded even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the dentist is one of my least favorite things to do; that is, next to getting my hair cut; so what I'm saying is good job Melanie at getting those boys there and LIKING it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have two loose teeth already, Grant! Wow! You're so old! Sounds like you did a great job at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete