7.27.2008

We made it!

We make it to BFL: tired, miserable, and glad to see Grandma!!


I've recovered enough from our flight to actually post about it! Six hours with four Hobbs in a tiny airplane row of seats is miserable! The kids were actually pretty good, but we were just all on top of each other and bored out of our minds. After making it to LA, I dragged the kids through the terminal and loaded them up on overprice airport McDonalds in preparation for our puddle-jump to Bakersfield. Of course all three of them were asleep after the 45 min flight! Why couldn't they do that on the first flight! Anyway, I woke them up enough to stumble off the plane and find Grandma & Grandpa. It's been non-stop spoiling ever since!

Here are some kid highlights:


I love the toys at Grandma's house!


Go Go Diego Sprinkler!!


3 comments:

  1. 1. Jared and Grant have the same shirt!!
    2. Your parents garden is so pretty. My little jungle is falling apart!
    3. Flying with three boys by yourself sucks. I bet if Travis flew with them then all the flight attendants and nearby ladies would have helped entertain the kids. This is what happened when Rob flew with Anna--annoying.

    Glad you made it safe (and sound)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so buff! I haven't tried the flying with 3 yet, but I can tell it will happen sometime. We just got back yesterday from our SLC to Baltimore flight and used the DVD player and stickers and Color wonder stuff (finger paints, paint brushes and markers) like crazy. It was still pretty interesting though. I forgot how toddlers aren't impressed by any of those things. Way to sacrifice to see your family though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I am so impressed with your stamina! I could never travel like that with three little kids! Way to Go! And we are so happy to have you here for such a long time. I love all the pics of grandma and granpa with the kids!

    P.S. I hope you don't mind I stalk your blog... Ever since the Newseum thing I never know what incredible find will happen! ;)

    ReplyDelete