7.13.2008

Action Packed Weekend

Friday: We decided to celebrate Trav's birthday early since I will be out of town for his actual b-day. He took the day off work and spent it on a ladder. The HOA's been bugging us about painting the front columns/trim so Scott spent the day helping Travis paint everything! It was a huge job and it looks great! Meanwhile, I took the kids out on errands, cleaned up the house and even picked blackberries for jam. We were exhausted by day's end, but finished the night with delicious Chevy's dinner with the Burdicks and Catan!
Travis sports his new sombrero while savoring his free b-day dessert at Chevy's...it's good to be 33.

Saturday: Seven miles!! Oh so hard. It was hot and I didn't think we would make it, but we finished 7 miles in 1:31. Then we made our ritual trip to bask in SuperTarget's air conditioning. I can't believe we go out in public all sweaty and nasty like that every Saturday. Then we had a mad dash getting ready for the ward party. Travis was in charge of two games for the Manassas 1st ward Olympics and I had to throw together our family flag and tshirts! How cute are the kids in their "Out of this World" Team Hobbs shirts?! We finished our prep just in time to help set up and returned home five hours later. We were Olympiced out and everyone crashed by 8pm.Travis and Blake rock the three-legged race!

Sunday: Mad dash to clean up the house and make a batch of blackberry jam, plus a freezer meal for a family in the ward. I taught a lesson at church, and Travis got home in time for me to head out. I got to hold both of the Cherry twins at the hospital!! They are so so cute!! I went straight from there to a fireside and whew!! We made it through the weekend. Only two action-packed days to go until I fly to CA. Do you think we'll make it??

4 comments:

  1. Of course you'll make it! You always do. There is no way I could have gotten on that ladder. I have long poles you could have used so they wouldn't have had to stretch so far. Oh well. next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early birthday Travis! You guys always look like you are having a good time and working really hard too, I don't know how you do it! Melanie, you are so clever making those shirts for the boys, "out of this world" and Travis, well, what can I say..I need to get running too, or you just may beat me at a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know there was a Chevy's near us! Yum! We'll have to go together when you get back into town.
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:47 AM

    Happy Birthday Travis! Man your getting old! Cute shirts on the boys.

    ReplyDelete