
I can now sleep a little easier at night, knowing that the hated Yankees won't win another World Series this year. Special thanks to all of my friends in Anaheim, the Angels of Mercy, for defeating this despicable foe. I love it when good triumphs over wickedness. Ahhh.... we now have at least one more year of rest from the evil empire. For those keeping score -- The White Sox now play the Angels and the Cardinals now play the Astros. I can honestly say that I don't care who wins, I like each of the four teams that are left.
i'm so happy for you, travis. and for the sake of humanity as a whole. yet another victory for the good guys. i can't wait to watch the series with you.
ReplyDeleteYou liar Travis. You do too have a preference who wins. Travis, the all time lover of underdogs would of course like to see the White Sox win! They haven't won a world series in how many years Trav? you were just telling me all about it. hahah Boo Yankees!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!! I was almost in a state of panic not knowing who to root for until I read Melanie's post!!! My life is complete!!! Go White Sox! Yankees SUCK!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's true. But there are underdog arguments for each team. The Astros are have NEVER even been to the World Series since there club started in the 50's. The Angels are the Yankee slayers, what's to argue there? And the Cardinals are just really, really good with lots of good players. It's hard not to like the Cardinals.
ReplyDeleteYeah, though, you're right! I guess it probably has to be White Sox now. Three reasons:
1) They haven't won since 1917. 2) The last time they were in a World Series, they "threw" it. (1919 -- infamous Black Sox)
3) To my knowledge, the White Sox haven't been to a World Series since then.
Oh man.....too much talk about baseball!! My head is going to explode with all of this knowledge I never wanted! Although....I guess if I had to pick someone, it would really be the Cardinals. Enough already! People are going to think I'm a sports person....yuck!
ReplyDeleteTop Ten New York Yankees Excuses
ReplyDelete10. "The Angels have developed a secret pitch that curves"
9. "Players left logy by clubhouse paella"
8. "Aren't used to rat-free outfield"
7. "Average player age is 52"
6. "Didn't know if they were playing California Angels, Anaheim Angels, or Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"
5. "Acid reflux"
4. "How are you supposed to field a competitive team on $200 million?"
3. "Due to typo in latest memo, Steinbrenner demanded players give 10%"
2. "Giambi lost his lucky syringe"
1. "Who can concentrate on Baseball when Hockey is back?"
Need I say anymore? hahaha
--MOM
i can't believe that he is my son. i hate baseball.
ReplyDelete