10.11.2005

More Trash

This is the before pic.
And here's the after!
What is it with me and other people's trash? It just calls to me. So when someone on my street was getting rid of this kitchen today, I had to have it. I figure the kids can use it with the play food that Jan gave me. It took a lot of bleach and elbow grease to clean it up (they must have kept it outside), but I think it looks pretty decent now. I guess when the kids get sick of it, I'll just put it back outside! haha

5 comments:

  1. Alright! Man, I wish I could garbage scrounge here...but people don't really throw good stuff away, and I'd have to dig through the disgusting sewer infested trash piles.....hmmmm.....I guess dumpster diving for cool stuff will have to wait until I get back to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're always getting a deal in the trash. good find again. i can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have been a "dumpster diver" when you guys were little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, just to make the record clear, it was more like curbside pickup. No climbing into dumpsters required. haha I just have to keep my peepers open in the am on garbage day.

    If you're lucky, the put it out the night before and you don't have to be seen by your neighbors dragging huge things across the parking lot. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only garbage people sneak around are the big "cage" bins at the construction homes. It is hilarious to see what goes in them every weekend by the dark cover of night! Sunday is a HUGE garbage sneaking day in this neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete