Cosette's had a tough time of things the last couple weeks. Thankfully, we're figuring out some of her issues and she's SO much better lately. She was having a really hard time with acid reflux. Although she didn't spit up much, she was really uncomfortable. She would fall asleep peacefully and then about 15 minutes later, start gulping and arching her back as the reflux got started. Eventually this would wake her up and we'd have to work to settle her again and start the process all over. First we tried upping her dose of Zantac based on her weight gain (she was 10lb 13 oz and that was two weeks ago), but that didn't help. Finally, we switched to Prevacid and we've seen a huge change in just a week! She is no longer woken up by reflux and seems a lot calmer.
In addition, I've given up dairy in hopes of helping with her general gassiness. Poor thing was feeling so bad, she would just arch her back and scream! We couldn't even cuddle her into calmness. This seems to have helped too. AND, to get rid of the awful eczema on her face/scalp, we've switched to sensitive shampoo. Now her skin is clear and beautiful! To top it all off, we've moved her into her room so she isn't disturbed while sleeping. She soothes herself to sleep almost all the time now and sleeps longer too! She's had a 5 hour stretch the last 2 nights and has taken 2-3 hour naps during the day this whole week. It's awesome.
And she smiles. It's the cutest thing ever! I haven't been able to capture it with the camera much, but will work on it some more. Since she's growing so fast, we play dress-up every day. I just need to get better at taking her picture in all her cute outfits! Here's what she wore to church last Sunday. What a doll.

So cute! That second picture reminds me a little bit of Madison's pictures at that age...I'll have to see if I can dig some up. She looks like her brothers but there is some Hobbs in her!
ReplyDeleteThe Prevacid was a life saver with our boys!
ReplyDeleteAh! I miss my baby!
ReplyDeleteLOVE her dress. Such a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete