5.10.2010

Blessing Day

We decided to bless Cosette while my mom was still in town and Dad flew out for the occasion. Thankfully, we finished the dress in time as well! She was so good for us! Cosette began the day wearing the dress I was blessed in. It's also organza with pink accents. Cosette was adorable in it! Everyone in the family wanted a chance to hold her before we left to the church.

Sidenote: We always coordinate outfits with the whole family for the blessing day. We wore various shades of blue for Grant, Blake, and Hayden. So this time, everyone wore a touch of pink! Hayden sported a pink shirt and Blake wore a pink paisley tie with his pink & blue striped shirt. Grant, Travis, and Grandpa got in on the action with pink ties and me and Grandma wore pink shirts and jewelry. How fun.

We changed Cosette into her full gown at the church. It took a solid week of sewing and is beautiful! She also had a matching bonnet, booties and even sported a beaded bracelet and pacifier clip! Seriously, if lace or bows could be added to it, she wore it! Travis concedes that it turned out better than the 'bejeweled' onesie he suggested.

After many warnings about how slippery the dress was, Travis carefully carried her to the front of the church, blessed her and thankfully didn't drop her! He was joined by a few close friends from the ward and Grandpa. Our good friends the Van Camps and Taylors even made the trek to Manassas to celebrate with us. It was a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day. I'll do a more detailed post on the dress (with better pictures) later. But for now, here's a slideshow of pics from the yesterday.


7 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! The dress is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see more pics of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the screamy "I'm hungry, Mom! Stop posing and feed me!" picture. And she does look like Hayden, holy cow! You guys did such a great job on that gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww she looks so cute, actually all of you do. I would love to know how you managed to get all 4 of them looking at the camera at the same time though. Hugs Crystal xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get a good enough look at it on Sunday, so I can't wait for more up close details...

    What a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures.....sounds like an awesome day... we loved seeing them....I've already downloaded several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Beautiful dress! The boys looks so sweet holding her on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all the pictures too. That dress is so gorgeous. I love it. What an adorable baby!!!

    ReplyDelete