3.29.2009

Super Saturday!!

Our craft group got together after a long hiatus to have a super-Saturday full of crafts yesterday. I was in charge of this awesome collage craft and LOVE how everyone's turned out! Here's mine:


All you do is collect junk from around your house, spray it black and hot glue it to your shadowbox frame. Since it's going in our room, I tried to grab stuff that had some meaning, but I wouldn't mind spraying with paint! A few of my favorites are our house key, Trav's prairie diamond from Nauvoo, my 'fake' engagement ring I bought as a prank one summer in college, an Ikea bolt (who doesn't have an Ikea bolt fight?), our initials taken from the kids 'kiss me I'm Irish' necklaces, a Utah state quarter (Travis collects the state quarters and we lived there), computer board keys, beads from a broken necklace, earrings, a knob from our china hutch, etc. It's awesome!

The only project I completed besides the collage, is this AMAZING ottoman. I'm re-doing the pillows in our living room and am adding some blue to the room. And this chair has been needing an ottoman forever! So thanks to Emily's tutoring, I completed this great ottoman that you are free to use, but only if you take your shoes off!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the collage!! And the ottoman turned out really well! Good job, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the ottoman!! And the collage turned out really well! Good job, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 AM

    Your mom and sister are too cute!
    You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo! They look great. I can't wait to finish up ALL of my projects!!!

    ReplyDelete