Yes, loyal blog readers...our first half-marathon is only 2 days away!! (cheers and applause!!!) I can't believe we've been training for this thing since June and the day is so close!!
So here's our race wish list:
1. Awesome team name...the best we can think of are either the funner runners or some lame one that Travis liked and I hate. Any ideas?
2. Duff Goldman..wouldn't it be cool to run by the ace of cakes bakery? I'll have to see if it's on our route!
3. Sweetest music ever! We need to pare down our mp3 collection to only the best running songs ever! Any suggestions?
4. How can I run the race with my camera? I'm sure the 5,000 other runners wouldn't mind if we stopped to take goofy pictures every few miles right? If I can't figure it out, they will have photographers who will post pics online...I'll be sure to look my sweaty-cutest at all times...
5. If Duff isn't available, I would totally take Micheal Phelps meeting us at the finish line with hi-fives...we would show him our Usain Bolt 'lightning bolt' pose we're going to do at the end of the race.
6. Finishing in less than 3 hours. We can run 11 miles in 2:20...so add in 2 more miles plus the first half being uphill and hopefully we'll finish before 12:45?
7. Even if we don't finish, at least we got a bag of free crap and the tshirt already! I'll have my free bag of microwave popcorn and an ice pack to keep me company on Saturday night.
So that's it...see famous people, finish in three hours, and get free stuff. Pretty lofty goals. Oh and hope Regan doesn't go crazy watching our kids for ten hours on Saturday. Should be awesome! And I think there are still opennings for the fun run and full marathon if anyone changes their mind and wants to join us at the last minute!
SOOOOO excited for you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am totally going to think of a fun name for your team. TOTALLY!
Wow, I can't believe it's this weekend!! I hate running. Your team name should be "Soooooooooooooy Uuuun Perdidorrrr!!"
ReplyDeleteHOLY COW. 11 miles?????? Are you serious? I think I will just be happy packing up the rest of the house. Good luck to you both. I am very impressed. As far as names. HMMMMMMMMMM. Will have to get back to you on that. Have fun and maybe you should ask for some dinners to be brought in from the RS after the run. :)
ReplyDeleteBest of luck. Potential names - either the Blade Runners or the Running Mates. As for music, make sure the Rocky theme is on there. Would remove all the Kenny G I'm sure you have and replace it with Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. You'll do great.
ReplyDeleteGood luck you guys. I'm so jealous if you run by Duffs. Grab a cupcake and run with it. It would be totally worth it. You need some "I'm bringing sexy back" to listen to while you are sweating. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteDaft Punk "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger".
ReplyDeleteMake a pocket on your running shorts to hold your little camera. If it is spandex it will hold it tight while you run. I can't believe you are really going to do it! Even if I wasn't a cripple I still would never do it! hahaha Good luck! I am looking forward to all the pictures. I hope Duff and Michael Phelps are both there!
ReplyDeleteThat one is totally on our players Angie! It's awesome! So is Kenny G. hahaha
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is YOU GUYS ARE NUTS!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI like Running Mates. The guy who proposed it is wicked awesome.
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow! I was beginning to think you guys died since you hadn't updated your blog in forever. Guess you're just busy pumping iron, ha ha!
Oh, and you definitely need some old school Prince or Madonna on your iPod.
You amaze Me!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys!
Good luck. You will totally finish in under 3 hrs.
Ok so I'm not very creative with names or any thing else for that matter, but what about - Hot Hobbs' or take a cue from your blog and call your selves the Awesomest Awsomers.
I hope you remembered to carb load tonight and we want to be called FIRST!!! (We did get you a sweet deal on the phones!) hahahaha
ReplyDelete