9.07.2008

Barf Bags

When the stake re-draws ward boundaries, they should pass out barf bags with the program! I thought I was going to puke when it was announced that the ward lines were being re-drawn. I held my breath and remembered that Andrea looked teary before church...but who was being booted from the Manassas 1st ward? Apparently, they still need ghetto in M1, because we're staying. Sadly, the Hansons, Kunzes, Lees, Perry's, Morgans, Padillas, Vargas', Cottons, & Duvalls are among the one hundred members of our ward to move to Manassas 2nd.

I have to say I was relieved to stay, but not really because I will miss all the friends that are leaving! I've served with and gotten to know each of these families and I can't imagine our ward without them. I'm sure they will make new friends fast and forget about their other ward family, but it will be hard without them... We're losing a lot of our older YW, both counselors in our Bishopbric, and my favorite visiting teaching companion ever! Bummer. I guess I've really gotten attached to this ward as our first 'grown-up' ward and they do seem like a family...and even though we still live close to each other it just won't be the same!! And now Ben & Anne have made an offer on a house in Bealeton (what the heck!!) and even they will be leaving us.


So here's a shout out to old skool Manassas 1st ward! Some of these are staying, some are long gone, but they are still fun pictures!








Okay, I'll stop with the crazy pics there, before I get in trouble!

5 comments:

  1. Remind me to NEVER let Rob grow out a mustache again!! Those are some great pics. MAybe I'll have to dig out some old school ones too--dressed as pioneers...I'm sad, but excited to cause a ruckus in the new ward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, friends who barf together, stay together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 PM

    What funny photos! Cant believe how young some of the kids were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have all had such a great ward. I never have to worry about my kids being out there without us close--they have a great ward family. I just have to worry about when the next time will be when I see the kids again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mel... Here is an idea... move to the Visalia 3rd ward! They NEVER split the boundaries in our stake!

    I have been through a few boundary changes and it is really hard. You have such a bubbly personality I would dare bet you will have friends no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete