Travis was in charge of entertainment for the party. It was too hot for the park, so we moved the party to the basement. Travis crafted an awesome fort with some over-size boxes I picked up from the appliance store. The inside was decorated with pictures of Grant's favorite tv shows. The kids colored the pictures and played down there during the party.
This was the first year Grant really got the whole birthday thing. He came home from church last Sunday and asked for his birthday cake because they had sung to him in Primary about his birthday. He was sure to tell us we needed a "orange number five candle for the birthday cake, presents and lots of friends for a party" so he could have "lots of fun!" We helped him to wait all week until his big party. He would look at the calendar and help count the days until Friday.
On Thursday Grant was excited to see his cake coming together. He loved the trees and couldn't wait until the blue water jello was poured to make his camping cake complete!! Again, he said we needed a number five candle. Grant also got a couple birthday cards in the mail yesterday. He was so excited about them, he took them to bed with him.
Jared and Tyler Kunz color with Grant. Grant picked one of his new
school shirts to wear for his party.
school shirts to wear for his party.
Grant's friends had a great time playing in the fort and with all the balloons Grandma blew up. Then we had pigs in a blanket with chips, gogurt, and capri suns for lunch. The cake was a big hit with everyone, especially the jello lake.

Grant really loved opening his presents. We took him to Toys R Us last night so he could pick a present and he kept saying "I don't see any presents here." We finally figured out that he thought he was looking for a wrapped birthday present. Once we straightened him out, Grant picked out this awesome Pirate ship from the Fisher Price Imaginext line of toys. They also happened to have the old version of the ship on clearance, so I picked that one up too. Grant likes shooting the cannon and playing with the skeletons and pirates.



Grant's haul:
Thanks to Aunt Erica & Uncle Peter for the cool Magnestiks (magnetic balls and sticks next to big blue ball). (Sweet deal too only $5/set!!)
Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Hobbs for the tee-ball set.
Thanks to Aunt Jennifer (Happy Birthday!!) and Uncle Danny for the cool-dude jeans!
Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Welsh for the pirate ship, and baseball mitt.
Thanks to Mom & Dad for stacking boxes, aquadoodle mat, and Woody (all $5 on clearance). Also, the Ghost Raider ship and bouncy ball.
His friends the Kunzes got him the cool DVD and sidewalk paint. The Van Camps gave him the fun play-doh and crayola set. Wow, that's awesome!
Grant's haul:
Thanks to Aunt Erica & Uncle Peter for the cool Magnestiks (magnetic balls and sticks next to big blue ball). (Sweet deal too only $5/set!!)
Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Hobbs for the tee-ball set.
Thanks to Aunt Jennifer (Happy Birthday!!) and Uncle Danny for the cool-dude jeans!
Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Welsh for the pirate ship, and baseball mitt.
Thanks to Mom & Dad for stacking boxes, aquadoodle mat, and Woody (all $5 on clearance). Also, the Ghost Raider ship and bouncy ball.
His friends the Kunzes got him the cool DVD and sidewalk paint. The Van Camps gave him the fun play-doh and crayola set. Wow, that's awesome!
That really is an awesome cake! You've got to tell me how you made the jello lake!
ReplyDeleteMan, I gave an awesome present! I'm so glad I chose it... heeheehee. I love the pics, too. I can't believe Grant is five already though! Jeez. I need to go visit soon!
ReplyDeleteAlright, Melanie...how are any of us ever supposed to live up to your level of birthday awesomeness? That is the COOLEST cake ever, the COOLEST fort ever, and just generally the COOLEST BIRTHDAY EVER!! Madison is already ordering her own princess fort for her birthday next year, and a cake just like that one. Awesome! Hey, Happy 5th Birthday, Grant! Kindergarten, here we come!!!
ReplyDeleteMelanie! I cannot believe how talented you are! I am so ashamed to call myself creative ever again! That cake is SO awsome! I think Krista and I have decided to kidnap you and make you our personal chef, seamstress, and crafter! Happy Birthday Grant! He is getting so big and way handsome!
ReplyDelete