I need to make a slipcover for the chair.
Well, it took about three weeks, but we've completed the first part of our bedroom. We painted the ceiling, trim, and walls. I know, we don't have before pics, but here's what it looked like before: blah off-white walls with coloring all over them, dirty banged up baseboards, and really tacky metal mini-blinds.
Mom passed this great fabric on to me and we took it from there. I spent a few days sewing and Travis did a lot of the painting. Now we just need to finish up. Next we'll paint the dresser and night stands white, along with a headboard some friends are giving us. We also need something to hang on the wall and a few accessories.
It looks awesome so far, Mel! I love the wall color and the drapes. I can't wait to see it with the final touches. Man, with all this decorating you'd think you were pregnant again. I'm pretty sure that's the only other time you do projects like this. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteoh! man it looks very nice. i really like it, but please, please, do not paint the drawers white. wood is in, wood is in, wood is in. do you know how hard it will be to get the paint off in a few years when you decide you don't like the white anymore. Oh no! don't do it.
ReplyDeleteThey're not my drawers, but all I heard was, "blah, blah, blah, I'm a man. I like wood. You can't paint over wood. I'm a man, I'm a man, I'm a man." Hahahahaha. My dad and Pete are the SAME WAY. That's pretty hilarious, Dan. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteNo dice Dan! We've tried re-staining furniture before and it is so much work! My dresser is very nice, but was painted a funky green stain when we bought it. We spent forever stripping it and when we tried to re-stain it, the stain wouldn't take. All the draweres were different shades and nothing we did would fix it. So we painted it white. I'm just afraid we would do all that work for the rest of the furniture and end up painting it white anyway.
ReplyDeleteSo I've already got a white dresser and the wood finishes on the nightstands and Trav's dresser are two different colors. We would have to sand & re-stain them all and they still wouldn't match because they are all different woods. We'll just paint it all white to match and if we get tired of it, we'll just get rid of it...they are all from yard sales or Salvation Army anyway!
I love the look of wood too, but we can't afford to buy an expensive matching set. What we could afford to do was pick up pieces of furniture over the years that don't really match and make do. So white it is!
P.S. You'll love it! haha
So funny Erica. hahaha Poor Dan...haha
ReplyDeleteok, ok, ok, I get it. another question, did you put up that crown molding? If so, good job! If not, good job anyway because it looks good with the contrasting blue.
ReplyDeleteThere is something funky about the bed picture though.....like where is the CPAP? No bedroom set is complete without a CPAP machine. Don't tell me it's hidden on the floor.
and for you Erica, just remember that men know what they are talking about and someday it you paint over wood the day will come when you will regret it. i've seen this happen to many a woman in my day and often they THEN have the nerve to tell us it's our fault.
regardless, the room looks great don't you think?
Love the blue color, but you should have gone with a Smurf blue like we have in Ethan's room. It's all the rage.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the curtains! They are so beautiful! And like Sarah, we've had our share of Smurf blue rooms--and now try to avoid them, as you've clearly done.
ReplyDeleteOooo, fancy "crown" molding! I love it! And I really like the curtains, gees you must be some kind of talented lady or something. Can't wait to see the furniture all matching. You need a really great piece of artwork on your wall...rather, a really nice print of a great piece of artwork on your wall! Oh, and...wood, wood, wood...it's no good, good, good! (Hehe, although I may ask Brian to someday sand something down and stain it...so don't tell him about this comment:).
ReplyDeleteKrista,
ReplyDeleteDid anyone tell you it is fake crown molding. It's trickery at it's best.