3.24.2007

Flashback


If you look at the close up of this pic, you can see the cheap prices! The stuffed animals were 40 cents each!

We bought these to give out as cheap b-day presents for all the parties we get invited to


Holy cheap clothing Batman! Cute jacket for Grant on the left!

PJ's and hats & gloves


We wanted to get ouf the house today and ended up at Kmart to look at Easter clothes for Grant. I was quickly distracted by the racks and racks of clearance children's clothes. I started scouting for Hayden's size 12 month winter wardrobe (all my clothes that size are summer things) and couldn't believe the prices! The sweaters were all $1.75 and I even got a while outfit for $2! I also picked up a winter coat for $6 and a bunch of pj's for $1.50. I think the best deal was when the checker accidently rang up something twice and instead of calling a manager to fix the $3 mistake, she just grabbed a bunch of the hats/gloves and just put them in our bag for free!! haha The hat sets were 50 cents and I think she gave us around $5 worth of them to fix her $3 mistake. haha

Then I wandered over to the toys to where Travis was distracting the kids (after picking up 3 pairs of cheap clearance pants) and noticed a whole aisle of clearance toys. This was when we were glad we had two carts because they were cheap!! I called up the reinforcements (mom and Erica) to see if they wanted me to buy anything for them for the boys (Blake b-day in April, Christmas, etc) and started loading up the carts. We picked up Blake's birthday presents, a birthday and Christmas present for Hayden, and the animal train I have been watching for since Christmas (reciever unknown)!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! What a deal. I love our b-day gifts for Blake! I was totally thinking the other day, "I need to start planning something for Blake's birthday present soon.." Now all I have to do is get him a card!! Sweeeeeet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man Melanie, you are the BEST bargain shopper in the whole world! Wish you could have been around when MY kids were little. I would have LOVED to shop with you :-). You are just amazing all around.

    ReplyDelete