5.18.2006

Temples!

Travis and me at the Logan Temple in April

Grant gives Blake a flower at Nauvoo

1. Oakland
2. Fresno
3. Idaho Falls
4. Logan
5. Ogden
6. Salt Lake
7. Bountiful
8. Jordan River
9. Mt. Timpanogos
10. Provo
11. St. George
12. Las Vegas
13. Mesa
14. Winter Quarters
15. Nauvoo
16. St. Louis
17. Colombus, OH
18. Washington DC
19. Raleigh, NC
20. Palmyra
21. Manhatten
22. Boston
Travis: Taipei, Melanie: Vernal

In honor of Amy, our world-traveling friend, I've posted a list of all the temples we've been to. Amy put a list of all the countries she's been to on her blog. Since my list of countries totals 2 (even though I really shouldn't count my crappy trip to Canadia as my only other country) I had to come up with list of something, so here it is!

Trav and I love the Holman family temple competition. The only rule is you can't count a temple unless you've participated in or observed an ordinance IN the temple. You can't just visit the grounds. Sadly, we didn't visit all the Utah temples when we lived there! Grrrr So we've tried to play catch up here on the East Coast. We're the closest we've ever been to the lead. We trail my mom by only 1 temple. Our problem is we've run out of temples to visit!! The next closest temple is 8 hours away. :( So I guess we'll have to move if we want more! So how many temples have you been to?

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the boys in front of the temple. They are cute and the flowers are beautiful.

    I'm afraid our list isn't as long as yours.


    Maybe you can use this scripture to help you tie your mom. I know it probably won't count.

    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

    (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 6:19)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cool! We haven't been to a great variety of temples....but we have been to one that is pretty far away...does that count for something? Plus, we've been to the Taipei temple and so has Travis. I guess we will just have to take a trip to Hong Kong to visit that temple and the one in the Philippines before we leave! I wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I've only got half as many temples as you have:

    1. Oakland
    2. Fresno
    3. Redlands
    4. San Diego
    5. Provo
    6. Salt Lake
    7. Mt. Timpanogas
    8. Jordan River
    9. St. George
    10. Washington D.C.
    11. Campinas, Brasil

    Pete and I have plans to go to the rest of the CA temples. I've got to get Newport Beach, L.A. and Sacramento. L.A. is closed right now for remodeling but should be open by the end of the summer, and Sacramento's open house in in the beginning of September, then we can go there too. Then we'll have to plan out of state vacations so we can catch up to you guys! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing: when we were at the San Diego Temple on our honeymoon we were sitting in the chapel waiting for our session and were joking about being asked to be witness couple. Five seconds later the ordinance worker asked us to be the witness couple. Hahaha. He asked us what brought us to San Diego and we told him we were on our honeymoon and he got all excited. At the end of the session when he thanked us he said, "you've made this special for me today!" He was really cute. That was a beautiful temple too. It had the most gorgeous Celestial room and the atrium was really cool and you can look up through the skylight and see the angel Moroni at the top of the temple. It was so pretty. I highly recommend it (except to Mel and Trav - they have enough temples on their list already! Hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a list! I can't believe you've made it to that many--and been inside! Impressive

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is my list!

    1. Atlanta
    2. Boise
    3. Bountiful
    4. Fresno
    5. Idaho Falls
    6. Jordan River
    7. Laie
    8. Las Vegas
    9. Logan
    10. Los Angeles
    11. Manhattan
    12. Manti
    13. Mt. Timp
    14. Oakland
    15. Ogden
    16. Palmyra
    17. Provo
    18. Redlands
    19. St. George
    20. St. Louis
    21. Salt Lake
    22. San Diego
    23. Seattle
    24. Washington D.C.

    Note to Dan: We can ALL count our bodies if we use that scripture! hahaha

    ReplyDelete