
Just thought I'd post an update about March Madness. For those keeping track, the following people are still in contention to win the Hobbs NCAA March Madness Tournament of Champions --- Melanie, Danny, Laura Lee, Kent, and Ted.
What about Travis you may ask? I was mathematically eliminated yesterday when both Duke and Gonzaga lost. However, I can still win a consolation prize if George Mason (my alma mater, shown above) wins it all.
For those that care, here are the scenarios for each person to win:
Melanie -- Georgetown (playing tonight) wins it's next two games against Florida and Villanova, Memphis beats UCLA, Texas beats LSU and Memphis, and UConn doesn't win it all. Melanie may be eliminated tonight if Georgetown loses.
Laura Lee -- Villanova makes the final two and neither UCLA nor Memphis wins it all.
Danny -- UCLA wins it all or gets closer than UConn, Texas, and Villanova.
Ted -- Memphis wins it all.
Kent -- UConn wins it all, or if none of the above scenarios happens.
Special note: Again I'd like to reiterate, even though Travis is eliminated he wins a consolation prize if the George Mason Patriots win it all! Lets go Pats!
UPDATE --- Georgetown just lost, meaning that Melanie is now officially eliminated.
ReplyDeleteLaura Lee, Kent, Danny, and Ted's scenarios still stand.
Either Danny or Ted will be eliminated tomorrow night as Memphis plays UCLA.
Even though I wouldn't win if George Mason won, I think they should win and take it all!!! How great would that be?!!! And remember....it's not over 'til it's over!!! (Man! There have been some close games won in the last 30 secs!)
ReplyDeleteI was devastated by Boston College's crappy last minute loss that kicked me out of contention. But it was AWESOME when George Mason won!! Go Patriots!!
ReplyDeleteI am really pulling for LSU now. After everything that has happened in that neighborhood over the past little while they deserve it.
ReplyDeleteUPDATE --- With UCLA's victory over Memphis yesterday, Ted has been eliminated. Also, with Villanova's loss to Florida, Laura Lee has been eliminated.
ReplyDeleteThe winner of the Hobbs 2006 NCAA Basketball tournament will be determined by the winner of the LSU / UCLA game next Saturday.
If UCLA wins, Danny will gain enough points to take the title. Otherwise, Kent (the current point leader) will win by default.
No matter what happens, I will definitely be routing for George Mason to win it all, the campus is less than 25 minutes away and it is where I got my master's degree.
On the radio today (all we hear about is non stop Mason, everyone is so excited around here!!) they were talking about brackets. On ESPN's website, over 1.5 million people filled out brackets and only FOUR got the final four right! Wish that was me!! Go Patriots!!
ReplyDeleteHere's a funny thing about the game though, tip-off is at 6pm Eastern time, so it probably won't be over in time for preisthood session to start next week! Travis will have to miss the end of the game!! What a bummer!!
Way to go George Mason! It's pretty much the news today around the country.
ReplyDeleteIt will be like yesterday when we had to sneak out of the beginning of church to listen to the game on the radio!!! We about died when they went into overtime!!! I'm so glad it is conference weekend and we can actually see the end of the games now! That happened to us TWICE and both times it was a killer overtime! Go Patriots!!! We want them to win!
ReplyDeleteMan, that last game of theirs was good. The radio announcer was so excited when they won. He shouted like this:
ReplyDelete"AND IN THE BIGGEST UPSET IN THIS TOURNAMENT, GEORGE MASON, ELEVENTH SEED, WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN IN THE TOURNAMENT AT ALL, IS GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR!!!!!
It was pretty exciting for him, apparently. Hahaha. Good game.
I'm so nervous for the game tomorrow!! Go Patriots!!
ReplyDeleteSo about 3/4 of the way in the GMU game I called and conceeded to Danny! It was sad to see GM lose, but I have to give them a lot of credit for going as far as they went!!! Way to go Patriots! Trav said we all get to win once and it must have been Danny's year! hahaha He didn't gloat too much and said he kind of felt dumb telling his friend that all he won was a chance to pick out the restaurant the next time we go out to eat! hahaha That makes it pretty funny!
ReplyDelete