3.02.2006

Class 2 Cake



For the second course of cake decorating, you make different flowers every week. Then in the final class, you learn the basketweave and put all the flowers you have made on your cake. My hand was killing me by the time I finished all the basketweave, so it doesn't look very good, but I'm pretty happy with my flowers. For the birds, you tape an outline to the table and put wax paper over it. Then you fill in the lines with a runny royal icing. It was pretty fun, I would try it again.

9 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes, you are getting to be a real professional. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am really getting jealous!!! You know that the first thing I'm doing when I get back to the US is signing up for that class....what do you think Angie? Do you want to have a go at it with me??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the reason I haven't signed up for the class yet. I totally want to wait until you're here so I can go with someone. OHhhh, it's going to be so much fun. I can't wait. And Melanie...your cake looks so gorgeous. I just ohhhed and ahhhhed at it. I love it and can't wait to make my own some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as you take the class, all my secrets will be revealed! It's not that hard to do! They even give you templates for making the flowers so the proportions are right. You guys will love the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo...fun! Okay Angie...can you go see if they have any classes starting around the first of June? I'm coming home with my parents on May 30th...so maybe we could get started right away!! It will be so much fun, and I think it will be awesome to take it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cake looks fabulous!!! (hahaha just like Martha would say!) Now you can go in business and make cakes for people. Pretty soon you can be the teacher at Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look into it Krista and then I'll let you know. I'm so excited! It's going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHH KRISTA.....I have some sad news. Michaels is closing on April 22. ARGH! They just announced it in the news a few days ago. The lady who teaches teh cake class may do it from her home though. I will look into it and see. I'm so sad about it. I was so looking forward to learning how to decorate cakes. OHHH....!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Michaels is closing?!! How can that be? Are they in trouble and we just haven't heard about it yet?

    ReplyDelete