7.14.2005

It's Official!

On August 27 at 7:30am, Travis and I will be running in the Stonewall Jackson 5k. It's our third race and we're hoping to not only beat last year's time, but our time in our last run in March. I finished the race in 35 minutes last year and our March race was 32 minutes. We hope to hit 30 minutes in August.

I've got new running shoes and have run 12 miles in them, I hope to put 100 miles on my new shoes before the big race. We train at our gym and outside. We also hope it's not too hot or hilly, because that's what will kill us. A bunch of our friends and ward members will be running as well. It promises to be a good time.

We hope to up the stakes in October and run a 10k. There's also another race in November that will help us finish out the season. Running's been fun to do together, Trav and I are a good team, pushing each other and it means we get to spend some time together. We challenge you to find a race in your town and try it out!

6 comments:

  1. You are so awesome....I think that if we tried to run here we would pass out in the first 100 yards! Of course, once we were all trained up in this nasty, hot, sticky weather...it would be a breeze to run in a normal climate. Hmmm...something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory and I were once considering running in our towns 5k. I think they had one last week, or it's this week. I'm not sure. Anyways, we talked about it once. We need to jog a little more though. I've given up the treadmill since my 3rd month of pregnancy. I do plan on taking it back up (2 miles a day) once the baby comes in Sept. Right now, jogging, or even walking has no appeal what so ever. Who knows, maybe Cory and I will challenge you to a race next time we see you. HA HA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was checking out weather.com and it shows that Kaohsuing is hotter than us, but the humidity is actually much lower there than here. Like today (friday at 11:30am), you are 91 degrees with 55% humidity. When we are at the same time tomorrow (Friday, 11:30am), the forecast says we will be 85 degrees with 87% humidity.

    I wonder which is worse? Either way, I try to run in the air conditioning, but am slowly moving outdoors so I'll be ready for the race.

    And by the way, I take your challenge Angie. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys get up early in the morning to work out and that's even after staying up all night.

    No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got up at 6am to run today. Oh my gosh! 100% humidity!!! It was so miserable. I was soaked in about 1 minute, the air was so heavy and wet! It felt like heaven when I walked into our air conditioning. At least it was only 74 then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That actually sounds fun. I've been wanting to get back into shape lately, what do you guys do with the kids while your training? You'll have to send pics running across the finish line..that might be inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete