7.11.2005

Cheesecake Bake-off

In celebration of Trav's big 30 birthday, we're having a cheesecake competition. From the Melanie Hobbs corner is the recipe for Junior's cheesecake in NYC. It's the restaurant with the best New York Cheesecake. I haven't made it before, but we had some in NYC and it was so delicious. In the Tammy Hobbs corner is "Chuck's Cheesecake". A much heralded recipe from a family friend.

The two cakes will go head to head in competition on Monday July 18th in a blind taste test. The judges will be our friends the VanCamps, Taylors, and Kunzes. Hopefully a clear winner will be declared and there will finally be a cheesecake champion. Also bringing a cheesecake yet to be disclosed, is Andrea Kunz. She's a seasoned cheesecake maker who promises to be tough competition as well.

Wish you were all here for the taste test and Travis' birthday. His birthday makeover will also be revealed at this event. If you have any fashion tips or hints please submit them for July 18th!

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMmmmmm!!! Cheesecake! I wish I was going to eat cheesecake! But, I'm signed up for a baking and pastry class this fall, so watch out at the next competition!

    ReplyDelete