Well, you asked for it! What the Hobbs do:
Friday: I did taxes! I love tax time. I charged Travis a $100 fee for my services as tax-lady and will use it for new curtains/accessories for the kitchen. We joyfully await our return and plan on spending it to fix up our crappy townhouse. Then we spent the evening like a couple losers playing Catan online.
Saturday: Hayden puked all morning and we decided to clean up the basement storage room. I freecycled the unwieldy workbench and we replaced it with awesome metal shelving. This turned into a family project with Hayden whining in a pack-n-play, Grant helping us hammer (I'm going to be a handy-man Mom!) and Blake measuring everything in sight and out of sight for that matter. At one point we found him outside by himself measuring the mailbox. But our storage room looks awesome! We even have room to grow. We capped off the day with a trip to Costco for dinner and more lame-o online Catan.
Sunday: Hayden puked all day, I stayed home from church. Travis showed up around 3:30 with Grant, who had also puked all over himself at church. Travis then returned to church to finish the tithing and I cleaned up puke and tried to keep everyone happy.
Monday: More Hayden puking and whining, Grant stayed home from school and I contracted the family bug. Travis stayed home from work while I slept and thankfully, did not puke, just felt pretty crappy all day. Hayden finally decided to take some pedialyte around 5pm and has gone 8 hrs without puking. We hope to dig ourselves out of the puke-laundry by sometime tomorrow. We also hope that Travis and Blake stay healthy. On the up-side, feeling yucky afforded me the opportunity of watching the PBS Pride & Prejudice. I love that series!!
Friday: I did taxes! I love tax time. I charged Travis a $100 fee for my services as tax-lady and will use it for new curtains/accessories for the kitchen. We joyfully await our return and plan on spending it to fix up our crappy townhouse. Then we spent the evening like a couple losers playing Catan online.
Saturday: Hayden puked all morning and we decided to clean up the basement storage room. I freecycled the unwieldy workbench and we replaced it with awesome metal shelving. This turned into a family project with Hayden whining in a pack-n-play, Grant helping us hammer (I'm going to be a handy-man Mom!) and Blake measuring everything in sight and out of sight for that matter. At one point we found him outside by himself measuring the mailbox. But our storage room looks awesome! We even have room to grow. We capped off the day with a trip to Costco for dinner and more lame-o online Catan.
Sunday: Hayden puked all day, I stayed home from church. Travis showed up around 3:30 with Grant, who had also puked all over himself at church. Travis then returned to church to finish the tithing and I cleaned up puke and tried to keep everyone happy.
Monday: More Hayden puking and whining, Grant stayed home from school and I contracted the family bug. Travis stayed home from work while I slept and thankfully, did not puke, just felt pretty crappy all day. Hayden finally decided to take some pedialyte around 5pm and has gone 8 hrs without puking. We hope to dig ourselves out of the puke-laundry by sometime tomorrow. We also hope that Travis and Blake stay healthy. On the up-side, feeling yucky afforded me the opportunity of watching the PBS Pride & Prejudice. I love that series!!
The Week Ahead: YW class activity for me on Wed, gastroenterology appt for Hayden on Wed (hopefully to solve 12 weeks of chronic bowel issues), two V-day class parties, a very romantic Valentine's HOA meeting to duke it out with Senorita Sour-face about neighborhood towing issues, and cleaning the house so Aunt Erica can come!
Melanie you are so cool. You are a super woman, and about the bread I bet it tastes so good:)
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha. That bread looks freakin' awesome. I love it. It's monster bread!!! Hahahahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the rest of the stuff you did looks sweet too!
And I thought you were the lucky one because you didn't have to ride home from church with Grant! You should have seen the Primary presidency in a panic looking for Travis. Hope you're feeling better and that you've seen the last of the puke!
ReplyDeleteI really like ugly bread. I think it's awesome. I wish i can make ugly bread.
ReplyDeletePoor Melanie. I think it is time for everything to leave the Hobbs family alone! You guys have had enough sickness!! I bet that bread was yummy.
ReplyDeleteOk,I looked at the funny bread pictures and this is my theory. Remember, it is MY opinion...but some people do call me the 'bread master!' When you put the bread in the pans to raise, just let it raise until it is just a little over the the level of the top of the pan. (Look at it straight on from the side and only let it raise so that you can just see about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of bread above the pan.) It will continue to raise as it bakes. I think that will help take care of your "ugly bread" problem. On the other hand,it is definitely the funniest looking bread I've seen in a while! hahaha Take a picture with the next batch of bread you make. It looks like you need more projects! hahaha
ReplyDeleteBTW, everything looks GREAT!!!
the shelves are awesome...........i love them. they are just like ours. We have about 8 of them and we could use a few more....or perhaps we just to rid ourselves of the things we just can' seem to get rid of.
ReplyDeletei think there is still a box or 2 that belongs to Travis, now that you have room????