2.03.2008

Evolution of FHE Group

I thought these magnets were really cute. They go on the fridge and hold up the kids' latest artwork. I think I could make them cuter though!


The words are kind of cheesy, but that could be changed.


Now this I really love! It's shown here as a chore chart (hang tags have tasks on them and the kiddos turn them around as they finish the chore. I think it would make a really cute FHE chart or even a "Six Be's" display. The hang tags are the formica counter samples you pick up at Lowe's. They just covered them in paper.


I LOVE this nativity! It's just stickers on wooden blocks cut off a 2x4.
Of course all the sanding would be a big pain.


I think this is my front-runner. How cute would this be? It would be fun to switch out the wreath with the seasons, etc. I just don't know if I could re-create it.


I've been in a Family Home Evening exchange group for about a year now. There are about ten of us that make ten copies of an FHE lesson and then we exchange them, all going home with ten different lessons. It's been a lot of fun, but as a group, we've decided to move on. We will now be a super-awesome crafting group!! We'll meet once every quarter like before, but instead of making lessons, we will each take turns teaching a craft class. I'm so excited! I've been sucked into cute blogs showcasing homemade crafts quite a few times over the last few days and had to share these adorable ideas!! I can't wait for my turn to teach!

5 comments:

  1. I just came across this blog and instantly thought of you. http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/

    I love those projects you posted! I really like the plaque with the hang tags- super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was looking at the chore board plaque and I just can't get over how cute the red/pink paper is...then I realize I must really like that paper because I used it on my decoupage family letters from Enrichment! Sadly, it took until the 20th time of looking at the pic to make the connection! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha...I love the new blog look! It has that new car smell to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man Melanie, that was a LOT of narrative! You are such a great story-teller, and I loved all the photos and updates.

    So glad that Hayden is feeling better now--what a scare! The ballet experience sounded amazing.

    Hard to believe that Blake is riding a school bus already! He looked so excited and happy. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the nativity scene on the blocks or the plaque--especially the nativity. You could make it for me for my Christmas in July birthday.

    ReplyDelete