I love taking the kids to see Santa every year. To me, he symbolizes the joy and wonder of Christmas. It's so exciting to watch the kids eyes light up when they see him. I'm so glad they still "believe". But I still believe in Santa too. He represents the spirit of giving. We talked with the kids about how the wise men brought gifts to the baby Jesus, and when Santa gives gifts, he acknowledges the gold, frankincense and myrrh of the first Christmas. I don't see Santa as a symbol of the "commercial" side of Christmas, but a treasured cultural tradition. He loves every child and wants them to make the right choices. We teach the kids that he honors Christ by serving others, just like we do. Of course we focus on the Savior's birth at Christmas, having family night about Him, adding straw to the manger when we serve others, and we constantly talk about Christ. But it's great to have the fun and joy of Santa too.
So anyway, enough of my Santa soapbox. Let's get to the pictures! Chick-fil-a has the best Santa! He's free, you can take your own pictures, and he is so nice. He spent a ton of time with the kids and we had a great time.
Grant couldn't decide what he wanted. He and Santa thought it over for a minute.
Santa looked in Blake's eyes to see if he had been good this year.
Santa fell asleep while Blake decided what he wanted this year.
Cosette loved Santa!
Merry Christmas!!













These absolutely are the most awesome Santa pictures I have ever seen.
ReplyDelete....and i wasn't kidding, I have found myself browsing several times since you posted.
ReplyDelete