2.26.2010

The Last Couple Weeks

The good thing about bedrest is finally getting to all those things I put off. For example, in the last couple weeks I have:

Organized 6 months of digital photos by date. (my lame computer was d/ling them into files by number)
Cleaned out the bill files for the first time since 2007!
Shredded tons of financial documents.
Finished the taxes.
Spent 1/3 of said tax money on a new washer and dryer!
Re-read 1 1/2 Harry Potter books.
Almost finished an afghan for Drizzle's homecoming.
Finished my last 2 value experiences and earned my Young Womanhood in Recognition award as a leader.
Cleaned out my YW binder.
Taught the boys how to mop the living room floor.
Worked on digital scrapbooking.
Learned how to rock my blood sugars by limiting carb intake.
Decided that if I can't eat candy or cake, I'm jumping back on the Diet Coke bandwagon.

Thank you so much to all of you who helped make the last month bearable! I whipped up a little something to show my appreciation. I'll add it to Drizzle's baby scrapbook to record all of the help and love we had before she was even born:



The text reads: Thank you for your kind words, for Tuesday afternoons with no kids, for helping at the bus, and for delicious dinners. Thank you for yummy lunches and even better company. Thank you for dropping treats on my doorstep and leaving messages over and over on my phone. For calling me on your way home from work every day to see how I’m doing. For following me on facebook and leaving notes on the blog. For cleaning the toys in my basement and playing with Hayden. For changing diapers and making lunches. Thank you for starting reading time while I’m resting in bed, for Sunday dinners, and long phonecalls on lonely days. Thank you for asking Travis about me, and dropping off baby clothes. For asking what you can do and for all the things I don’t know you’ve done. Thanks for your time, your care, and your prayers. Love, Melanie

Now that bedrest is winding down, I've got a ton of things I can't wait to do! First up is craft week to commence at 12pm Monday when I finish my Dr's appt. Things on the list include all the last minute things for baby.

I need to make one of these: (the hat and the bow)


and a few other girly projects like receiving blankets, burp cloths, curtains for the nursery, and a hairbow or two. Should be fun! Only three days to go!




2 comments:

  1. Great post Melanie. You are so gracious.

    If we all knew an appreciate4d how much our mothers went through to bring us into the world we would be forever and ever thanking them.

    You certainly are a wonderful daughter-in-law and I appreciate all you do and are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say I like the Hat. Angie is making a lot of hats and this week she said she would make me one. I hope it isn't pink.

    ReplyDelete