"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude.
One of the blessings of the gospel is the knowledge that when the curtain of death signals the end of our mortal lives, life will continue on the other side of the veil. There we will be given new opportunities. Not even death can take from us the eternal blessings promised by a loving Heavenly Father." Joseph B. Wirthlin
My week in California was full of preparations for Justin's funeral. We made a new casket-liner from Jennifer's wedding dress. It was so beautiful, much more fitting than the one that originally came with the casket. I also crocheted a blanket for Justin, and mom sewed his white burial outfit. Our cousin, Trisha, made a beautiful slideshow that was played at Justin's viewing. The memorial and graveside services provided much comfort. I am so grateful for our family and friends that have been such a support during this difficult time. I continue to pray for Jennifer and Danny, that they will have the strength and blessings of the Lord to make it through each day.
Here are a few pictures, including a couple from the graveside. If you're not ready to look Danny & Jennifer, please don't scroll down.
Here is a link to Justin's video. Click Here.






Even though it is sad, I'm glad you posted it. And I liked the pictures down where you could scroll to see them. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet post, Melanie. Those pictures are heartbreaking, especially the last one. Wishing you all continued healing. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteWOW. Those flowers are so beautiful. That brought back some painful memories. I hope your sister and husband are doing well. I am so thankful for the blessings of the gospel even when things seem impossible to move on. Prayers still coming.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry your family has to go thorugh this. I cant even imagine the pain. So thankful for eternal families!
ReplyDelete