2.08.2009

Hobbs Update

Day 29 My life revolves around the bus stop. It's at the entrance to our townhouse development and too far for the kids to walk on their own. It's also too cold for us to walk there at all. So three times a day, I bundle up the kids and we wait for 10-30 minutes. Ugh, I live my life by that bus. I'm looking forward to next year when we'll only have to go twice. But now they're considering moving Grant to a different school, so we'll still have to do two different buses arriving 10-15 min apart. Should be fun!


Day 30 Why do I do this to myself? Denise took this crazy picture of me playing Catan. It's my 'I'm being sneaky' face. And I lost the game. Oh well.
Day 31 YW temple trip. We organized a temple trip for all the YW leaders. It was so nice to attend with everyone and then we had Cheesecake Factory on the way home. Travis and I have made a goal to attend the temple every month this year. I'm hoping to take a picture each time we go. Thanks to Denise for this pic!
Day 32 Superbowl Sunday!! We had a blast at the Burdicks at the annual Superbowl party. Our half-time show of Guitar Hero was WAY better than Bruce Springsteen. Here's the kids sitting through the 3D cartoon commercial.
Day 33 Blake and his sticks. He found them when we took Grant to the bus stop and he carried them to the gym, the car, back into the house, and took them to bed with him. I think the big one is next to our bed right now.
Day 34 Hayden meets once a month with is speech therapist, Ms. Nancy. She is the nicest lady who gives us so many great ideas for working with our little guy.
Day 35 Travis finally got new glasses!! His report is 'it's so nice to see again'. It's his first pair since his retina reattachment surgery back in 2007. We sprung for the anti-glare glasses so he can drive at night, look at computers all day, and not have big glare in pictures! And he looks hot!
Day 36 Valentine's class lists! This is the first year Grant has gotten to exchange with his inclusion class. I have to say it warms my heart that they added him to the list. We better start working on all those cards.
Day 37 Time for Valentine's dishes! I really love V-day.
Day 38 When Travis cleaned out the car, he found a this knit hat and a bottle of bubbles. Blake put them to use! I had so much fun snapping pics of him playing. The day really warmed up and we took the kids on a run and then geocaching with the Beatty's. They LOVED 'treasure hunting' and traipsing through the woods.
Day 39-Pre-church photo shoot. Hayden looks adorable, but still gives me the stink-eye. haha Seriously, I'm in love with this outfit. Mom gave it to Grant and all three boys have looked adorable in it!

After church: Grant's other front tooth was REALLY loose and he wouldn't let us pull it before church. It looked so nasty that I made Travis yank it after Sacrament meeting. Grant has the most adorable lisp now.
The three boys...this is the only photo where all three are semi-looking, semi-smiling, and in focus.

P.S. Why haven't I had the boys stand against the brick before? They look so cool.
P.P.S. I promise now to carry a camera with me everywhere I go. I could have had a picture of a helicopter landing at Walmart at 11pm if I would have brought my stinkin camera with me this week.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha. I knew you would love that photo of yourself.

    And, the brick IS cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pics; grant's toothless look is so cute, and blake's sticks crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe grant is loosing teeth already! Part of me still has him stuck in my mind at about 3 yrs. old. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete