2.27.2009

Day 57, 58

Day 57 Chef Grant. Travis and I have been holding dinner-time bootcamp the last couple weeks. We're sick of kids that only eat kid food. I completely own the fact that I have taught them this by being way too lenient and letting them have their food instead of eating what we're having for dinner. But, the Hobbs are changing their ways. Thanks to some old ice cream in the freezer used as bribery, the children will now eat shredded chicken, rice, potstickers, and chicken breast. We are awesome. Last night however, I made enchiladas that were a bit too spicy for the kids. Travis announced the kid-alternative dinner of cheese toast. Within minutes, Grant had lined up all the necessary ingredients for us: bread, cheese, butter, mustard, and ranch dressing.


Day 57 Bonus Picture. Boys will be boys. Our story begins with one box of See's hard candy leftover from Christmas. Travis took it out of the cupboard so he could bring it to work and then forgot it on the counter. Around 9:30 am, Hayden comes up from the basement and hands me an individually wrapped piece of See's candy, asking me to open it. I open it and explain to him that it's yucky. He won't eat it and for some reason, I don't pursue the situation. Around 11am, Blake comes up for lunch and shows me two 'rocks' or half-eaten pieces of See's hard candy. Hmmmm. Again, I get distracted and don't pursue it. After school, Blake plays outside and brings in a rock collection. He plays with them for a couple hours. By bedtime, here is the situation: Blake has unwrapped a dozen See's candy 'rocks' and put them in the bug container which he wears around his neck. The actual rock collection from outside is then deposited in the See's candy box which he cannot be parted with and takes to bed.



Day 58 New cell phone. Isn't my new phone awesome? Do you want to know why I have a new phone? It begins when Travis lost his phone last week. This is not unusual. Travis often loses the trifecta of crap he keeps in his pockets and sets randomly around the house: his phone, wallet, and keys. Usually these things show up after a few days. He looked around for the phone and we figure it will be found eventually. The problem is that it was eventually found in the washing machine. Awesome. A fact that Travis concealed for two days while madly googleing 'how do I fix my phone that I put through the washer?' Did I mention that this isn't the first time Trav's phone has been washed? His first phone actually survived a trip through the washer AND dryer. Anyway, thankfully our cell phone plan is way awesome and I could order a replacement phone for only $10. It is much cooler and fancier than my Razor which will become Trav's new phone until he washes it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Love the "rock" story! Such cute little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost fell off my chair laughing about the washed phone...don't write such funny blogs for me to read at work, people will start to suspect things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh, I so totally relate to dinner bootcamp. We've been trying to work on that with Ethan too but he is addicted to grilled cheese or buttered rotini for dinner! And like you, it's all my fault for being a weiner mom. I am also trying to work on him sitting down for an entire meal as opposed to running around the house screaming and scaring the pants off of Sadie. Think it's working? Yeah... not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cell phone story too. I laughed pretty hard. Cory has this ugly brass dish that I let him keep in a top drawer where he keeps his pocket crap. I also like that you are boot camping dinner time. Tyler has quite the pallet because we always make him eat what we eat. On the more adventurous meals we let him help us cook and he usually eats it better. We do have the hot dog standby though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Angie, not Cory...I apologize for not looking at the login.

    ReplyDelete