1.27.2009

Yee-Haw!!

Grant has been talking about snow for months now. And since it never really snowed last year, I've been telling him that sometimes we have winter without snow. But joy of joys! It snowed today!! Lame-o Manassas City Schools almost disappointed us. They didn't annouce the school closing until 8am, we were already dressed for the bus! Thankfully, we could head right outside and enjoy the 3 inches we got. Grant LOVED sledding. He could climb that hill a million times. Blake took a bit of encouragement, but he loved it too. They made snow angels, threw snowballs, and thouroughly enjoyed their three trips outside into the snow. I finally made them come in when it was almost dark. I love the snow!!

I also love my telephoto lens. I took this picture of Blake while he was at the top of the hill and I was standing on the deck. Love it!!



Hayden is still recovering from a bug, so he hated it the snow. He was happy to stay inside watching cartoons while I taught the boys how to sled without running into the neighbor's fence. It was a blast!! Definitely the best day of 2009.
Our only disappointment was when one of our ghetto neighbors stole a sled right out of our backyard. Thankfully we have extras, but I'm pretty bummed. I hope they ditch it in the neighborhood and we're able to find it! And here are a few more great pics of our fun day:


Mass Transit Sledding--The neighbor kids had a big, hard plastic sheet they were all sliding down on. Looks like fun!

Grant could do this all day!

Daredevil Blake, sliding down on his stomach.


Snow Angel!!
P.S. I'm so glad I bought snowpants for the kids this year. They were on clearance at Target for only $4 last week. We definitely got our money's worth!

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great pictures of the boys!! Poor Hayden looks miserable, though. Looks like a fun snow day.

    ReplyDelete