First, the marshmallow launchers!! I got this idea from Krista and everyone loved it! Krista's Hobbs Family Match game was also VERY popular!
S'Mores in a jar!! I stole this one off the internet. The example is Halloween, but the same idea works for all seasons with Peeps. You crush graham crackers, put them in the bottom, line the jar with holiday peeps, and fill with matching M & M's. You can find the recipe at: http://www.designswithheart.net/SmoresJar.html
Then I made the hot cocoa cones, and a spiced cider cone. I can't wait to make the spiced cider one, it looks yummy! I also did a cinnamon pancake mix in a jar, print & laminate paper dolls (http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/downloads/Paper-Dolls.pdf), and a whisk filled with Hershey's kisses (we whisk you a merry kiss-mas).
We made some really awesome crafts too! I silver-leafed a Washington DC temple pic and made a couple secret Christmas gifts. My favorite thing was the glass-block nativity. We did just the block with the shepherds, but I'm going to order the other two scenes to complete my set! I LOVE this nativity. You can order the vinyl silhouettes at sayitonthewall.com and the glass blocks are $4-$5 each.

I LOVE the glass blocks! I'm totally making those!! That is such a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI like the glass blocks too. They are way cute. You are so crafty Melanie. Good ideas too.
ReplyDeleteWe did the Marshmallow guns for mutual and made about 20 of the guns. We had the priests do a trial war in the cultural hall with blackboards and tables as obstacles. We decided not to do this as a joint activity since the clean up was difficult. Saliva soaked marshmallows are not fun to clean up when they get stuck to your shoes. This might be better as an outdoor activity.
ReplyDeleteMelanie--those glass blocks are amazing! How in the world did you make them? Could you give me a quick little lesson? I want to make some!
ReplyDeleteJess-there is a place online that sells the vinyl silhouette. It takes all of five minutes to clean the glass block with windex, and rub the vinyl transfer on! Instructions come with the transfer. You can get the set of three transfers for $22 on sayitonthewall.com.
ReplyDeletecool stuff
ReplyDeleteYou are always very creative. Good job. You must have been the hit at the RS function.
ReplyDelete