11.21.2007

Kitchen Makeover Phase 2

Don't you think this table would look awesome in this kitchen??





This picture is closest to what the paint looks like in real life. The others are kind of yellow-ey looking. This picture is more what it looks like when you walk in the kitchen.


Wahoo!! Check out our sweet new kitchen paint!!

Here's a quick history of our Virginia Hobbs kitchen:

March 2002: Buy house, kitchen is nasty orange color.

April 2002: Can't decide what color to paint kitchen. Decide on yellow because it goes with my blue/white dishes.

May 2002-June 2007: Condition of paint deteriorates over five years and three kids.

June 2007: Dan & Tammy graciously spend their vacation re-painting all the cupboards and trim a shiny new coat of white. Handles go from brass to silver. Touch-up painting reveals original yellow paint is very dirty/distressed.

November 2007: Travis spends his Thanksgiving vacation helping me to paint the ceiling and walls this new fabulous color!!

I really wanted to paint the kitchen a color that flowed from the living room. So I took a color from the throw pillow in the kitchen. The first version was too light, so we got a new can of paint in "Tate Olive". It looks so great!

New skills acquired:

I have found me second calling as cutting-in and touch-up girl. I can conquer any stray dribble, drop, or splat of paint!!

Travis is working on his electrician's skills. He's switching out the old off-white outlets and light switches. We also took down the flourescent shop light in the kitchen area and will replace it with a cool new light tomorrow.

Upcoming makeover phases:

#1 Replace our dilapidated/ghetto table & chairs. I have a set from Kmart picked out! It's a medium wood colored top and black legs. So cool!

#2 New counter tops. I'm thinking just a new formica with a stone look.

#3 New floor. Probably vinyl. Probably right before we move someday.

#4 New accessories to go with color scheme. I can use most of my old stuff, I think the blue/white looks awesome with the green. But I'm hoping to pick up a few new things for the walls. Maybe some cool black & white framed photos on either side of the hutch?

#5 New curtains. I already have some fabric, just need to whip them up!

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome guys.

    Thanks for posting the new look. We really like it.

    Grant looks so cute painting on the wall.

    Be sure to show the fixtures when you get them hung up.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Everything looks so good! I LOVE the green. Peter will be so jealous. He would love it if everything in our house was green. And I think that table and chairs is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table and chairs! I think you need to go and get them fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen looks beautiful with the shiny white cabinets on top of the olive walls in the background.

    All your ideas sound great. I love fixing up our house :-).

    ReplyDelete