2.12.2006

Snow Day




Grant tests out the snow

Holy snow pile

I dare Grant to go down the slide

We were SO excited to get the phonecall that church was cancelled today! I was supposed to do sharing time and bring a treat for Grant's class. By the time the snow stopped early this morning, there was over a foot! We never would have gotten out in time for 9am church.

We had a great day relaxing and having fun. The kids played outside for a little while. Grant got cold pretty quickly, but Blake thought it was great to chase the neighbor's little puppy that he called "kitty". Then we made homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup. It was so good! We had our friends over for dinner and can't wait for the next snow day! haha

9 comments:

  1. Whoa! I can't even imagine that right now. It is in the 70's here...and just absolutely beautiful! (Don't get jealous yet, in about two weeks we'll be sweating and cursing.) It looks like fun...but I don't envy the shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days are awesome...especially on Sundays!! We love the snow...send some our way. It's pretty nice here right now, the sun is shining and we have no snow what so ever. It's very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grant got a snow day from school today too! The roads are really icy I guess. We'll stay inside and be warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:25 PM

    How fun for you guys!!!! I still remember when we lived at Andrews AFB and had a huge storm like that. Hey, I've been meaning to ask how the Meyer Anniversary lemon cake tastes. My Jonathan always has a lemon cake for his birthday, and I'm constantly looking for new and better recipes. I was just wondering if the taste was worth all the work if you know what I mean? I love your Martha cake site that is such a fun idea!! Maybe it would be better for me to email you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lemon cake is divine...if you ask me! I personally can take or leave the frosting...but the cake with the syrup and curd is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really good cake. Really rich, but good. We're still getting complements from all our friends.

    I think it was totally worth the effort... and I can legally say that cause I helped Melanie make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Krista, I could switch the frosting, but the lemond curd and cake were so so so good! I just drove by Andrews today when I returned the dry pack canner! I saw a cool fighter plane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:38 AM

    OK guys, I'm gonna do it. Thanks for your advice-what kind of frosting would you substitute? I'll have to go back and read all of your experiences again. I still just remember Krista and her frosting debut!! :) I can't imagine using a toater oven- you're amazing! I love all your posts they are great!!! I wish Jonathan liked chocolate the best. I want to make one of those mousse cakes. I'll let you know how the lemon cake turns out. Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,

    Post it on the Martha Web site we can all see it and............send me a piece.

    P.S. Jordan's date looked fun. We enjoyed the pictures

    ReplyDelete