11.05.2005

Smocking '05



The best thing I ever did was schedule our family holiday picture early this year. It forced me to finish the boys' Christmas outfits early. And here they are! I bought the fabric as a remnant for $3/yard earlier this summer. The smocking took a few evenings and tada!! They look adorable in them. The outfits are a little big since they will wear them at my sister's wedding in April. Hopefully the boys will be cooperative in the pictures too. This will be the last time Grant will wear smocking...I think he will be too old next year. :( It was fun while it lasted.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    These are so cute! I really have to get going on my Christmas sewing!! They look great, the boys are going to look so cute in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible that you can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad her mom taught her everything she knows! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I new how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really easy. All it takes is a pleater to fold the fabric and a pattern for the stitches. The geometric stuff can be learned in a few minutes. It's just the time it takes to do it. I spent about six hours on each smocked insert and about 2 hours sewing each outfit. :)

    Super sewing continued the last two days: I've made 8 pillowcases, our Christmas pj's, a baby gift, and new curtains for our front room. I only have one more pair of Christmas pj's to make and I'm putting the sewing machine away!

    P.S. We get our new Canon A520 4 megapixel digital camera tomorrow!! We got it on Amazon for $167 woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete