6.14.2005

Funny Story

I had a busy day yesterday, bringing laundry up and down the stairs all day. I would fold a load and run upstairs to put it away. Blake was hanging out with me and each time I went upstairs, he would hang out and the bottom step and play while he waited for me. I checked on him a few times, and saw that he still wasn't even trying to climb the steps. We've been wondering how long it would be until he figured it out. I guessed that it just wasn't the day.

Later on, I ran upstairs with one last load of laundry. I was putting it away and thought I heard Blake on the steps. I peaked over the bannister and he wasn't there, so I figured he must have changed his mind and went into the living room to play. So next I heard Grant waking from his nap. As I bent down to give him a hug I nearly jumped out of my skin because I thought I was crazy! Blake crawled up to me and started laughing! "Aaahhh!" I screamed! "How did you get up here?" Apparently Blake taught himself how to crawl up the stairs in about 1 minute. I nearly had a heart attack thinking how he did it completely unsupervised and could have fallen. But he's actually pretty good at it and doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. That little tricker. So now we have to be sure to put the gate up every time we go upstairs because although he's great at going up, he is clueless about coming down the stairs. What a big boy he is!!

2 comments:

  1. Great story, great kid. Thanks for sharing with us. I can't believe that he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete