8.09.2008



My cousin, David, got married at the Oakland Temple yesterday and we had a great trip up there for the big event. Martin & Angie stayed at my parents' house a couple days before with their three boys and Grant & Blake had fast friends. Jeffrey & Adam were awesome and had a blast playing with our boys. They are technically my cousins, but I think Grant and Blake love them more than I do!

The temple was gorgeous, as always. The flowers were in full bloom everywhere and I spent most of the time trying to get good pics of the kids in various locations. I stayed out during the wedding and after chasing the kids around the temple for an hour, Angie and I finally deposited them all into the back of a car to watch a movie.

Next, we drove to Oakley and attended the reception. Grant and Blake thought this 'wedding party' was the best part of the day with a cotton candy machine, candy table, live three piece band and Jeff & Adam of course! Blake spent the reception dancing and playing his air-sax with the band. Every time they stopped playing he would just wave at the front man and giggle. We finally tore them away around 8 and made it home by midnight. It made for a long day, but it was great to see the temple, my grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment