6.21.2008

Hobbs Family Update

Grant: Finished kindergarten!! The school recognition was pretty simple, but fun to see Grant up there with all the other kids moving on to 1st grade. He's doing great academically and will be in the highest level reading group for inclusion next year. He'll also be spending more time with his inclusion class for math, science, etc. Grant will miss his class buddies this summer, but will join them with Ms. Stern for 1st grade. He was ready for school to be over and has told me a few times "Remember Mom, no school today!" He's a chatterbox all day long and engages me more and more.

It was so funny that all four boys in Grant's class happened to wear green that day!Blake: Finished preschool! Until next year that is. He had a great time in Ms. Jessica's class and she pushed for him to go into the highest level preschool class next year. He'll be in Ms. Post's morning class (woo-hoo!!) Ms. Post taught Grant his first year. We're excited that he will be in her class with the highest functioning kids so he'll be challenged in the year to come. He met two of his three main IEP goals this year!!! Yeah yeah yeah!! He just needs to work on talking with his peers and teachers more. I'm just glad he'll be in morning preschool just like this year.
Hayden: is 18 months old!! He was in for his 18 month check-up yesterday and has gained three pounds and two inches since his 15m visit. He's almost into the 50th percentile!! Although he's still not walking, we're sending him to nursery tomorrow anyway! He's interested in his brothers and loves his mom & dad. We're trying to get him to stand more to strengthen his legs and we're waiting on services from the county for his speech, etc. He roams the house and loves to play with megablocks, weebles and anything he can throw.

Travis: Is getting the best b-day present ever! My parents are flying me and the kids to CA for five whole weeks starting July 16th. He will have four entire weeks of no bedtimes, no giving baths and not changing one diaper! He'll join us on Aug 16th and we all fly back on the Aug 27th. He is also super-awesome and has lost over 20 pounds so far this year! I'm way impressed. He even needs new clothes! I guess the whole working out every day thing actually works!

Melanie: is surviving the summer so far. We're excited to start going to the gym, playing outside and getting in a few trips to the library. I get the feeling I'll be doing a lot of cleaning up this summer. Yesterday the kids decided to "plant a garden". This meant take a bin of cracked wheat cereal, sprinkling it all over the backyard, adding water from the kitchen tap and splattering everywhere. They had fun, but geez, what a mess to clean up! Can't wait to get to CA to party with Grandma, Grandpa, and see Erica's new baby (who will hopefully be a couple weeks old when we get there!). AND, my Photoshop came just in time for Wed's speed scrap!! Here's my layout!!

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I went backpacking twice in the Grand Canyon, hiked over 100 miles, and never lost any weight. Maybe you're right, consistency is the key. Hey wait a minute, I bike 20 miles a day (5 days a week). I guess I also need to lay off of the daily milkshakes. It's a Hobbs thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures of the boys. I can't wait to see them next month!!! Oh, and you too. Hehehehehe. (Super cute scrapbook page, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete