(I tried to have Hayden wear this same outfit, but he had a diaper explosion
all over it before I could take a picture)
Can you believe it's already been four months since Christmas? Time is flying and Hayden is four months old today! He's on to the next stage of babyhood...the doing things stage. We look forward to him doing things like rolling over, eating solid food, and maybe even sitting up!
For now, he's a great baby. When he cries, all we have to do is pick him up and he'll stop...even when he's really hungry! He gets worked up again eventually, but usually we can get the bottle to him in time. He also likes to be on the move: his favorite places are the car, the swing, or a stroller. If he's tired while we're in the car, he only cries at stoplights. As soon as it's green and we start to drive, he's quiet again and falls asleep.
Speaking of sleep, for his four-month birthday, Hayden gave us the best present of all: he slept from 8pm to 6am last night!! We are so excited! We've noticed over the last two weeks that he's sleeping longer at night and we think we're almost to baby easy street! When he does wake up, Travis (super-dad) feeds him and Hayden quickly falls back asleep. During the day, he takes a long nap in the morning and a series of short ones in the afternoon. Sometimes he's fussy in the afternoons, but nothing like non-stop collicky crying or anything.
I'm still pumping and Hayden is up to 6oz bottles now. He's a lot less spitty, due to either growing up or the Zantac. Blake and Grant love him. Blake still likes to hold his hand and poke his cheeks, while Grant enjoys helping Dad give him a bath. Grant also is a great help at bringing diapers and throwing them away. Now our challenge is to get a nice picture of all three of them together. We will attempt this at the temple tomorrow, but I'm trying to be realistic. We're heading up in the morning to look at the spring flowers and get nice portraits of the boys. Blake and Hayden have well-child check-ups on Tuesday, so we'll post their progress then. Also on Tuesday, we'll find out where Grant will be placed for kindergarten next year.

Wow our new camera is so much nicer!
ReplyDeleteNow that is a gorgeous baby! He is SO handsome. I love his blue eyes! The close-up shot is my absolute favorite. So cute!
ReplyDeletethese kids are do cute. i can't believe how much they all look like. thanks for the great posting.
ReplyDeleteYour new camera is awesome! I think I want one. Although ours is just fine...but as technology goes, it is from the digital camera stone age. Those boys are all so handsome...I can't believe how old they all are! I guess the upside this fall to having old children will be Kindergarten!! Hooray for Kindergarten vacation for us Moms!!
ReplyDeleteWe had the same problem with our old camera Krista. Thankfully the boys dropped it. We had paid good money for it and it still worked, so we never replaced it. Had I known I could have gotten such better picture quality for only $200, I would have replaced it sooner! Maybe Madi needs to "drop" your camera!! haha
ReplyDeleteI want to know how old that monkey is.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness--those babies are so darling. I was looking at your blog in class (whoops) and the teacher was like, "Oh my GOSH! Whose darling kids are those?!? That is the cutest baby I have ever seen!" I second that.
ReplyDeleteDad is STILL checking this blog every day to see if there are any new pics. He is very sad....how about the temple pics? Aren't they downloaded?
ReplyDelete