Blake, and Josephine Van Camp
Our pasta bar dinner was awesome and Catan was pretty fierce. We played Cities & Knights with a deck of special cards instead of rolling the dice, which we decided was LAME! Travis won in a last ditch maneuver, snatching the title from Emily. At one point or another, we were all very angry during that game, but decided to still be friends. haha Day two included the BEST brunch and another round of harsh Catan playing (Brad won). We had a great time and the kids liked it even better. I guess it's okay that our best friends moved far away as long as we still get to visit them all the time!
Great pictures, Mel! I love the one of Blake holding the egg in his hand while yellow dye runs down his arm. Hahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Look like the kids had fun.
ReplyDeleteI saw an episode of Martha Stewart dying eggs the other day. What she did was take an old necktie, you could use 1 of Travis' and she cut it up into a square that would fit around the egg. Those huge fat neckties that your dad use to wear would work the best, especially the ones with patterns on them. Then she wrapped the tie around the egg and tied it off. Around that she placed a piece of muslin and tied it off. Next, she boiled the egg for about 5 minutes and when she removed the fabric, the pattern on the tie had adhered to the egg. It looked kind of neat and I've been meaning to try it out.
It looks like these kids are pretty much ready for Easter.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh! I forgot to mention that it needs to me a silk necktie or silk boxer shorts will work too. Now that's a novel idea.
ReplyDeleteHere is the link
Those nephews of mine are so dang cute. I can't stand it. They're growing up so fast...and Dad, we need to dye eggs martha style this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.
ReplyDelete