7.21.2006

Snow in July


"It's snowing!!"


Caught "white"-handed in the snow incident, with lesser offense of wall-coloring evidence in hand.


Obvious snow and cinnamon-sugar consumption

The crime scene: Today I took a shower and left the kids in front of the tv for approximately 25 min. When I came down, this is what I found. Powdered sugar snow all over the kitchen. Both kids were laughing and throwing it around like nothing was wrong.

Since the kids don't really talk, I couldn't interrogate. Relying on my superbly honed investigational skills (thank you "Criminal Minds), here's my evaluation and time line of the event: Things began with Blake coloring on the walls with the green marker he's carrying. This led to his further exploration of the corner cabinet (a favorite hobby of his). Perhaps around this time, Grant had discovered the bag of cinnamon-sugar on the counter and began spreading it on the kitchen floor. When Blake found the 4 pound bag of powdered sugar in the corner cabinet, it began to "snow". The two accomplices spent a good 10-15 min throwing snow on each other and all over the kitchen floor. Grant also appears to have eaten some of the evidence. Thankfully, I came down when I did to stop the further spread of said "snow". I quickly documented the crime scene with digital still camera and digital video to preserve any evidence.

The punishment: both boys were bathed and confined to Blake's bedroom while I served their sentence, cleaning up the mess. Blake removed his diaper in protest, but didn't pee on anything thankfully. I still have mopping to do to remove any last trace evidence from the house. We are not on speaking terms.

6 comments:

  1. That's hilarious Melanie - great pics of the boys too, the little fetchers. They look so happy. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed these pictures to everyone at G. Hobbs' party. They laughed and said that Melanie must have a lot of patience. It seems like you always have something going on like this in your lives. Great posting and very funny when looking at it as a spectator. They are boys in the fullest sense of the word. These pictures will be on my refridgertor hall of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the funniest blog ever. Just glad I didn't have to clean-up! What "Sweet" boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. I think it's so funny. I wish I could've seen it. HA HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pics are on my fridge too! I think it is hilarious! I'm just thankful my 'sweet'grandchildren are still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, this is the best story ever, I think you guys just won the Grandpa picture contest for the funniest picture....so far!

    ReplyDelete