
Hilarious pic of Grant taken in early June (before I cut their hair)

Blake ready for church as well
So here's what it's like lately:
Melanie-Woo-hoo! I've got my first draft of the Primary Sacrament Program written for this fall. It is such a relief to have it started. I have a bunch of changes to make with kids' parts and songs, etc, but I'm hoping to have a finished product by August. Then I can make assignments, seating charts, schedule practices, bribe kids to sing/memorize parts, etc etc etc until October 22nd when it will be done!
I also had my second dr's appt this week. I don't know if I was more excited to hear the heartbeat, or to hear that I had only gained 2 lbs in the last month. haha Everything looks good, heart rate is 165, and my blood pressure was really good they said. On my next appt, I'll be 17 weeks and we'll start to discuss my 20 week ultrasound!!! Yeah!
Travis-Will turn 31 on Monday. We're going to Pirates of the Caribbean to celebrate with friends on Saturday. He's been spending a lot of time on the various service projects in our ward and playing the Madden NFL video game. Oh yeah, and he works. haha The kids love it when he comes home and rough-houses with them everyday. They spend about half hour every night yelling, jumping, and tickling until one of them gets too tired and cries (usually Travis).
Grant-Has created a few new sports for summer break '06. The first and most popular is called dive-bomb. It has a few variations, the most popular is when he piles all the pillows and blankets off our bed onto the floor and jumps onto them from the end table. Other variations include jumping off the couch, various chairs, and even free-falling backwards onto the bed. His other new game is a charming little jaunt called find-the-toothpaste. He finds the children's toothpaste from wherever I hide it and sucks it out of the tube. At $3.50 a tube, it is not a funny game. He also likes to build things. He piles up blocks, socks, pillows, etc and then tells me what they are "it's an egg! it's a rocket-ship, it's a temple".
Blake-He loves books lately, little ones. He always seems to be carrying around a little book and reading it to himself. He's working on his sacrament meeting solos: this week was "we are a happy family" while they passed the sacrament. He's a little pack-rat and has about a million things in his bed with him when he goes to sleep. These include: various stuffed animals & blankets, at least two books, a magna-doodle, his white Sunday shoes (a big favorite for some reason), a sippy cup, and usually a toothbrush. I don't know how he has room to lay down. He's mostly Grant's henchman, jumping on beds and throwing socks around willy-nilly.
We have no big family plans this summer, we're just keeping it close to home and cheap. We're headed to the National Zoo tomorrow and home Grant still likes the naked mole rats the best. Hope everyone is doing great! We're so excited that Brian & Krista got an awesome job!
I love those pictures of the boys. Also the update on how they are doing. They sure are characters. We are excited to find out more about the new baby too. You guys have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteAhh, your family is so fun and precious. Grant and Blake look just like you two and seem to be crack ups. Such personality! So, when do you find out if the baby is a boy or girl? Not for awhile?
ReplyDeleteFunny pics of the kids. I love the hair! hahaha It was looking a bit long...
ReplyDeleteThe ultrasound in September will tell us whether the baby is a boy or a girl.
ReplyDelete