12.28.2011

Christmas Fun

The kids are at such a fun age for all the great things that happen during the holiday season. We made sure to do lots of fun things together this year. Besides family stuff, Travis and I attended a couple performances and hosted a holiday party. We were scheduled for every weekend in December and loved every minute of our celebrations. Here's a summary:

-We surprised the kids on family night with a trip to the light show at the mall. It only lasts 5 minutes, but the kids were thrilled!

-Travis and I attended Regan's Madrigal Feaste. The food was awful, but the music and friends were great!

-The kids get decked out for Christmas. Grant got a new vest and the two younger boys wore adorable outfits of years past. Cosette wore her new Christmas dress which gave me fits! The fabric was hard to pleat, but sewed up nicely. I added folded tucks on the bottom and made it big. Next year I'll take out a tuck or two around the bottom to lengthen it and she can wear it again! She hated being stuck on a stool for pics, but it was the only way she would sit still. :)

-The kids counted down all month to our visit with Santa at Chik-fil-a. Santa was nice, we got free pictures, and the Fredericksburg Chik-fil-a is a-mazing. It's like eating at a sit-down restaurant. The service is the best!

-Travis and I joined the Burdicks for dinner and a play: White Christmas at the local dinner theater. Everyone has raved about this place since we moved in and it didn't disappoint! We got great discount tickets since one of the head chefs is in our ward! The food was great and the play was awesome. We will definitely be back!

-We had a good time at the ward Christmas party. We sang songs, visited with friends, ate a delicious meal, and saw Santa again. In case you missed it, here are the Primary kids signing and singing "Silent Night". Everyone was so focused on signing, they forgot to sing. Except for Blake! It was too cute!



- The Spotsylvania Ward had a living nativity for the first time this year. We enjoyed taking a break from Christmas shopping to stop by for a beautiful presentation of the Savior's birth. After enjoying the program, we toured the gorgeous nativity display inside.

Here's a slideshow of all our Christmas 2011 fun! I love having kids at Christmas. I love teaching them of the Savior's birth and the magic of the Christmas season. Man, it's the greatest.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox

Man, this Christmas season has been good to us! I feel like we really took the time to enjoy the traditions of the holidays and had a fun time doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Loved it!! I want better closeups of Cosette's dress, though.. and also, I loved watching the video again!!

    ReplyDelete