Easter was a bunch of fun this year. It was a bunch of work, but also a bunch of fun. We started the week with a family night about the Savior's life leading up to the first Easter morning. It was a great way to teach the kids the true meaning of Easter. Once the weekend hit, we started with some fun stuff: dyeing eggs, making rice krispie eggs, cooking for Easter dinner, having our egg hunt, pigging out on candy, and spending time on friends. Good times. We hope your Easter was great too. Here are some pics of our fun!
Also: forgot to change the white balance setting on my camera. Still figuring out how to edit them back to normal. Sorry so crappy.
Also: loved making Cosette's first Easter dress. I spent forever looking for ideas, but couldn't find what I had in my head. So I made it up, using a pattern for the general shape, but constructing it based on what I had in mind. I loved how it turned out. The organza was on clearance last year and most of the trims were from my mom's stash. The pink slip is polyester (washable) dupioni and the bonnet is from a Sew Beautiful pattern. I really really love it. And she looked mighty cute. The boys had new outfits, but I packed them away in Feb, thinking we'd be moved by now. I still think they looked pretty sharp!
After church, I had a quick nap and then some lame-o wanted to see our house. We cleaned it all up and headed over to the Burdick's early. We made yummy and cute push-pop cupcakes that I forgot to photograph. Oops. Dinner was delish, the company was even better. I love holidays, my family, and my friends. Now I just need a nap!!
Melanie...oh my goodness. That dress is divine. I love it. Sooooo fancy. I also loved the picture of Cosette finding eggs under the couch. Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter. We sure did. Loved the pictures.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed Easter with you guys!! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!
ReplyDelete