#1 What's the deal with Drizzle?
As some of our cooler readers quickly figured out, Drizzle is a reference to one of our new fave fall shows: Glee. As we debated the title of the last post, one of the characters declared that the best baby name ever would be "Drizzle".
#2 How far along are you?
15 weeks! The positive pregnancy test came on the day Justin passed away. Travis and I felt with everything going on, it was best to keep the news to ourselves as long as possible. Jennifer and Danny have been through so much. Although having a new baby in the family will bring so much joy, it's sure to be difficult for everyone. I've been talking to Jennifer a lot and she's doing so well. I finally broke down and told her last week. She was so supportive and happy for us. And as you know, Justin is close to our hearts at this time. It's definitely different being pregnant after a loss in the family. I appreciate every day I have with my children and every day that our pregnancy goes well.
#3 Are we still running the 1/2 marathon?
Blah! Yes...We signed up in July and figured that even if I got pregnant, I usually feel pretty good, so running a 1/2 marathon would be no problem. The plan was going great until week 7 when I asked myself: Is this what morning sickness feels like? Nausea, headache, general exhaustion, food aversions, what is this baby doing to me?! I've never been sick with my kids! Baby #4 kicked my butt for a good 8 weeks. And yeah, I'm not running. We've downgraded to just walking the course and hoping to finish before the 3.5 hour time limit.
#4 How bad was your morning sickness?
Okay, no one asked this but I wanted to clarify. I had all day sickness. All day nausea. BUT I didn't really throw up, so I know, I'm a wimp. I had it SO much easier than those of my friends that puke their guts out for 9 months. The worst thing is I find Diet Coke absolutely revolting. Isn't that awful? My favorite thing in the world...oh well. Thankfully, I feel a lot better now and maybe I'll even start cleaning the house.
#5 Will it be a girl?
No
#6 Do you hate me?
Since the whole pregnancy was such a big secret for so long, we were hermits. So if we haven't been to your house or invited you over or even called you, we don't hate you. I figured anyone that went to dinner with me and saw me turn down a Diet Coke would KNOW something was up! Also, the afore-mentioned wimpy nausea pretty much kept me on the couch for 2 months solid. So no, we don't hate you. And yes, I'm WAY behind on scrapping, Christmas shopping, cleaning, sewing, blogging, and sorting out the kids winter clothes. I'm hoping to get caught up in time for Thanksgiving!
So that's all folks! Thanks for all the love and support.
Here's a LO I made a shared with my scrapping buddies:

You got question five wrong.
ReplyDeleteHope you're starting to feel better. We're super excited for you up here in NH.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Morning sickness is the worst! I had it with all 3 girls and this pregnancy too. It is hard to function but so worth it in the end. It is going to be fun to see what we both have!
ReplyDeleteI hope it's a girl!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are feeling better. Hopefully it stays that way! And I can't believe you are still doing the marathon. Amazing.
Again, congrats!
So....you guys found out in Williamsburg at the Condo? We were with you, but it was such a sad day with Justin's death and all. I'll remember how sad you were that day and how hard it must have been knowing you were pregnant too. What a wonderful daughter-in-law.
ReplyDeleteLove you...
Hey this pregnancy for you sounds just like mine, and I keep telling everyone that pregnancy #5 is kicking my butt...but worst of all I cannot drink diet pepsi I was a open soda all day long kind of girl, and the lacal gas stations have felt the hurt of my soberness. I hope things get going better for you. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteI disagree on #5- with the new morning sickness symptom, you never know!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're at least feeling somewhat better now!
hehe. its a girl. i had morning sickness the worst with the girls, especially the one still in my belly! the boys were much easier pregnancies! HUGS!! ;)
ReplyDelete